Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Where can I get preinstalled software?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Sep-2010 13:46 Last Post By: Tonny
juraj.lancaric

Where can I get preinstalled software?
Posted: 20-Sep-2010 12:11

After replacing defected HDD (autorised service) I have no software - emty HDD. Where can I get preinstaled software (including Windows 7 and TOSHIBA utilities) ??

thx
C3PO

Re: Where can I get preinstalled software?
Posted: 20-Sep-2010 12:51   in response to: juraj.lancaric in response to: juraj.lancaric

Hello

You can restore the whole preinstalled software (Windows 7, Toshiba utilites, etc.) using Toshiba recovery disk. Do you have this disk?

I don’t know what notebook you have but since Vista the recovery disk must be created yourself. Therefore you have to start Toshiba recovery disk creator that is preinstalled on your notebook.

But it seems now it’s too late and if you don’t have a recovery disk you must order a new one from Toshiba here:
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

Normally after the first start of your notebook (out of box) you get a recovery reminder message that you have to start this recovery disk creator and you can find more details in your user manual:

Important INFORMATION

your system is equipped with hard disk recovery system. if you need to repair
your computer by restoring it to original factory state, you can do it directly
from harddisk (press F8 when you boot your computer, choose "Repair your computer"
and follow the menue instructions) or create a bootable Recovery Disc Medium for this purpose.

Toshiba recommends you to create Recovery Disc Medium using the "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator" to ensure
hat you are able to restore your computer to the original factory installed state, even if your computer
gets seriously damaged
Tonny

Re: Where can I get preinstalled software?
Posted: 20-Sep-2010 13:46   in response to: juraj.lancaric in response to: juraj.lancaric

Hi

You can download just the Toshiba drivers from the Toshiba driver page.
The other software and Windows OS is not downloadable.
You can order the recovery disk as posted by user above but you cannot download this for free… you will have to pay a small fee… I guess 30 Euros ...
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved