Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Driver/map support for PA3705D keyboard
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Sep-2010 12:12 Last Post By: shane123
chippyash

Driver/map support for PA3705D keyboard
Posted: 04-Sep-2010 13:26

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have the PA307-1ET1 wireless keyboard to work with my Ubuntu based XBMC system. It works fine except some of the keys don't work. Is there a map file available that I can use with console-setup to make better use of the keyboard. If so, where can I get it. Thanks
MasterG

Re: Driver/map support for PA3705D keyboard
Posted: 04-Sep-2010 17:11   in response to: chippyash in response to: chippyash

Hi

I don’t think that there are any files for this keyboard in order to work with the Linux OS.
It would be interesting to know if the keyboards work properly running an MS Windows OS…
If there are no problems with an installed Windows OS then I would say that this is an special Linux issue…
chippyash

Posted: 04-Sep-2010 22:54   in response to: MasterG in response to: MasterG

I don't know about Windows as I haven't used it in over 10 years and have no intention of doing so. The keyboard works just fine - I am just trying to get it working at its best. In Ubuntu Kinux you can run
sudu dpkg-reconfigure console-setup
to reconfigure the keyboard for the terminals. A Toshiba keyboard appears in the list of available keyboard types, just not this one. So I am simply asking if there is a keyboard map that can be installed so console-setup can take advantage of it.
tarafog

Posted: 06-Sep-2010 15:35   in response to: chippyash in response to: chippyash

If the keys that are not working are what we call 'hotkeys', then you edit the appropriate file in /lib/udev/keymaps/
The multimedia keys are part of the hotkeys.

There is a process that, if you find and solve the issue, you can contact the udev project and submit your changes.
chippyash

Posted: 06-Sep-2010 19:26   in response to: tarafog in response to: tarafog

@tarafog
Thanks for that. I'll do some investigation (or at least, I'll put it on the 2Do list :-) )
shane123

Posted: 08-Sep-2010 11:58   in response to: chippyash in response to: chippyash

hi.. this is a very nice interesting forum site. i got some wonderful information's this forum . i was looking this type of forum for a long time. where i can talk freely with any topic. and search some informative stuff. thanks a lot to admin for creating such a wonderful forum for us. and I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort for creating this forum. i love your patients,
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved