Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Bluetooth is not ready
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Aug-2005 08:37 Last Post By: Pedro
svnv

Bluetooth is not ready
Posted: 25-Jul-2005 14:26

Hi,

I always used internal bluetooth on my Satellite 5100-201 without any problems (Windows XP SP2). But today I installed new version of bluetooth stack 3.20 (uninstalling the previous one) and now bluetooth device is not recognized. I see it in device list unrecognized with the name SiW and I am not able to install drivers for it. When I use the new installer then it stops at some moment (when installing drivers).

If I specify the option "I do not agree" (Microsoft certification) then it finishes but drivers are still not installed. If I choose the option "I agree" (not to show messages about certification) then it never finishes. I tried to install the drivers manually (inf files) in the installation packages but it does not help. Bluetooth manager in this case complains that "bluetooth device is not ready".

One thing is that beofore new bluetooth stack I installed WIDCOM bluetooth stack (not me, but mobile phone installer). I uninstall it but maybe it is because of this evil software I have this error. Installation of bluetooth drivers never ends.

May be somebody knows how can I install bluetooth SiW drivers. Thanks.

alex
Ivan25

Re: Bluetooth is not ready
Posted: 28-Jul-2005 14:01   in response to: svnv in response to: svnv

Hello

Please check this page http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/faq/bluetoothnotworking.html .

The entry SiW is unknown to me. Can you please write the whole name? Try to activate the Bluetooth card using FN+F8 key combination. As far as I know if the card is enabled the OS will detect it and it will be shown in device manager. At this moment try to install the newest Bluetooth stack.

Inform us please what happens exactly.
svnv

Posted: 01-Aug-2005 18:45   in response to: Ivan25 in response to: Ivan25

Thanks. I checked everything and simple and natural solutions do not work. Bluetooth is turned on. I tried different versions of bluetooth stack.

The entry SiW is unknown to me. Can you please write the whole name?

It is actually complete name shown in Device Manager (SiW). I found (http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/toshiba/internal-bt-module.html) that it is one of possible bluetooth modules (internal). And the problem is that installation of device drivers for this module fails for unknown reason (there is no error message).

Try to activate the Bluetooth card using FN+F8 key
combination. As far as I know if the card is enabled the
OS will detect it and it will be shown in device
manager. At this moment try to install the newest
Bluetooth stack.

When new device is detected then the system asks for drivers but their installation fails. I tried varios sequences. For example, installing INF files and the standard installer but this line "SiW" in Other Devices does not disappear.

Inform us please what happens exactly.

Everything worked fine till the moment I wanted to connected to my new Motorola E398 mobile phone. I installed some software for synchronization and chose to connect by Bluetooth (alternatives were USB and COM port). After that it proposed to install WIDCOMM bluetooth stack. For some reason (that was my fault) I agreed and installed them. Of course, bluetooth did not worked with those WIDCOMM drivers. I uninstalled them and then used this moment to download and install the newest Toshibe bluetooth stack. However, when I installed the new Toshiba stack it did not work (the device drivers could not be isntalled). I tried the older Toshiba drivers but they also failed.

The software (bluetooth connection manager) itself is installed perfectly. The problem starts when bluetooth device is detected and drivers need to be installed. Here I am proposed to answer Yes or No (i.e., install drivers without questions about certification or with such questions). If I answer Yes then drivers start installing and this process nevers finishes. Computer makes infinite attempts to do something but installations cannot be finished. So after one or two hours I simply press Cancel. If I answer No then installation finishes successfully but then I find that bluetooth does not work.

When I start connection manager then it proposes to install drivers because they were not installed. And here again this process never finishes. (In the second case, if I answered No, then connection manager starts but bluetooth does not work.)

So the main problem is that device drivers cannot be installed. This process never ends if we start installation. I have no idea what could happen. In the worst case bluetooth module itself could be broken but I cannot understand how it could happen (before using WIDCOMM drivers it worked without problems). I already reinstalled Windows XP SP2 but it did not help. It would be interesting to get drivers with error messages or may be there are some log files where one can find what concretely happens.

alex
svnv

Posted: 03-Aug-2005 10:46   in response to: Ivan25 in response to: Ivan25

Hi,

I found log file and extracted a section with information about the problem. I start installation of device drivers and this installation never ends. In log file C:\WINDOWS\setupapi.log I have the following information:

2005/08/03 11:31:22 3388.6926
#-199 Executing "C:\Programme\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\AutoOn.exe" with command line: .\AutoOn.exe /START
#I060 Set selected driver.
#-019 Searching for hardware ID(s): usb\vid_0930&pid_0502&rev_0000,usb\vid_0930&pid_0502
#-018 Searching for compatible ID(s): usb\class_e0&subclass_01&prot_01,usb\class_e0&subclass_01,usb\class_e0
#-166 Device install function: DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV.
#W059 Selecting best compatible driver failed. Error 0xe0000228: Es sind keine kompatiblen Treiber fur dieses Gerat vorhanden.
#W157 Default installer failed. Error 0xe0000228: Es sind keine kompatiblen Treiber fur dieses Gerat vorhanden.
#-166 Device install function: DIF_INSTALLDEVICEFILES.
#I125 Installing NULL driver for "USB\VID_0930&PID_0502\B151027A0300".
#E122 Device install failed. Error 0xe0000203: Fur den Gerateinformationssatz oder das Gerateinformationselement wurde kein Treiber ausgewahlt.
#E157 Default installer failed. Error 0xe0000203: Fur den Gerateinformationssatz oder das Gerateinformationselement wurde kein Treiber ausgewahlt.

This log records repeats infinitely with the period about 50 seconds. Here is translation of messages from German (approximate):

Es sind keine kompatiblen Treiber fur dieses Gerat vorhanden. <There is no compatible drivers for this device available.>

Fur den Gerateinformationssatz oder das Gerateinformationselement wurde kein Treiber ausgewahlt. <For device information record or device information element no driver was selected/chosen.>

As far as I understand the installer fails to find compatible driver. How it can happen? I have the latest toshiba bluetooth stack but the same problem exists with all the previous versions of bluetooth. I suppose that something changed in my system environment, settings, configuration or registry (probably after install/uninstall WIDCOMM bluetooth stack or because of Service Pack 2).

Any idea what might be a cause of this problem? Of caurse, everything is turned on and I tried almost all possible sequences and variations of isntallation.

Thanks.

alex
svnv

Posted: 05-Aug-2005 11:03   in response to: Ivan25 in response to: Ivan25

I managed to install Microsoft drivers but I am still not able to install Toshiba drivers because for some reason the installer does not recognize and does not offer Toshiba drivers as combatible. In particular, if I disable Microsoft drivers (delete files bth*.inf in WINDOWS/inf directory) then bluetooth drivers cannot be isntalled at all. Interestingly, if I start Toshiba bluetooth manager (for connecting) then all isntalled Microsoft dirvers and devices disappear but Toshiba drivers still cannot be installed. After that I have to again install Microsoft drivers.

Now I have Bluetooth-Radio (Bluetooth-Funkgeraete in German) node in Device Manage. It contains two device items:
  • Microsoft Bluetooth-Listing (Auflistung in German)
  • TOSHIBA Integrated Bluetooth
Both have Microsoft drivers which cannot be updated by Toshiba drivers.
In Network Adapters I have the following devices:
  • Bluetooth Device (PAN) #8,
  • Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM-Protocoll-TDI) #8
How can I delete this #8 which appeared after many installations?

So the problem with Toshiba bluetooth stack is the same: it is not possible to install it because the drivers are not recognized as belonging to this device. However, it can be solved by installing Microsoft drivers (Windows XP SP2).

Any idea what could be the cause of this problem?

alex
Pedro

Posted: 31-Aug-2005 08:37   in response to: svnv in response to: svnv

Hello alex

It is really not easy to say what the problem is with your Bluetooth connection. I use Tecra M1 and Motorola mobile phone. The connection is perfect and I can use the mobile phone as modem or send the photos from phone to the notebook.

As far as I know you can use either Microsoft Bluetooth stack or Toshiba one. If you install Microsoft one you will not be able to use Bluetooth stack designed by Toshiba at the same time. I have had no problems with Toshiba one and I recommend you to use it too.

In device manager there is entry called Bluetooth and there is listed just one component if the BT is disabled. After enabling there are 4 entries.

Try to remove all additional software (WIDCOM Bluetooth stack) and try to install Toshiba one again. Try also to remove SP2 and try it again. There must be some way to make it working again. I know that configuring the WLAN or Bluetooth connection is not easy but you must make some “experiments” and try to configure the connection again.

Good luck!
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved