Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A215-S7422 Boot Menu PASSWORD needed
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Jul-2010 20:35 Last Post By: hotsummerrain68
hotsummerrain68

Satellite A215-S7422 Boot Menu PASSWORD needed
Posted: 18-Jul-2010 15:33

i DID A BACK TO BOX RESTORE ON MY COMPUTER AND THEN IT RESTARTED,IT THEN WENT TO BOOT MENU, IT ASKED ME TO MAKE A PASSWORD,RE ENTER PASSWORD, SO I DID, IT THEN RESTARTED AGAIN SO NOW THE SCREEN THAT APPEARS IS JUST A BLUE RECTANGULAR BOX WITH ENTER PASSWORD, SO I ENTERED THE PASSWORD I CREATED, IT KEEPS SAYING INVALID PASSWORD, AND I CANT GET PAST THAT SCREEN, ,CANT ACCESS ANYTHING ON MY COMPUTER UNTIL THAT PASSWORD IS ENTERED AND I DONT UNDERSTAND WHEN I MADE THE PASSWORD,AND ITS NOT ACCEPTING IT, PLEASE HELP !

Message was edited by: hotsummerrain68
Jeka-Ил

Re: TOSHIBA SATELLITE A 215 S7422 BOOT MENU PASSWORD NEEDED
Posted: 18-Jul-2010 15:39   in response to: hotsummerrain68 in response to: hotsummerrain68

Hi,

As I understand, you have already installed windows but you can't access desktop. You can do the following:\

1 Restore factory settings again without creating any password anymore.
2 Enter password with caps lock enabled ( or disabled)
3 You can try to reset admin password using software called Windows Key Enterprise 9.3 build815 that works with Windows Vista/XP/2000/NT workstations.

Burn this ISO file on a blank CD/DVD using any CD burning tool. Then reboot the locked PC
with this CD-ROM and follow the onscreen instructions to reset Windows Administrator password.

Note, don't forget to put cd/dvd as 1st bootable device in Bios (boot priority)

Message was edited by: Jeka-Ил
Tonny

Re: Satellite A215-S7422 Boot Menu PASSWORD needed
Posted: 18-Jul-2010 16:55   in response to: hotsummerrain68 in response to: hotsummerrain68

Hi

I think you are talking about BIOS password.
If you don’t know the right BIOS password then you will not be able to remove it yourself. Possibly you mistyped it whatever…
Fact is that you cannot remove it without an help from service technician.

So you have to get with the ASP guys in order to remove this and to boot the notebook again.
Jeka-Ил

Posted: 18-Jul-2010 17:18   in response to: hotsummerrain68 in response to: hotsummerrain68

Hmm.. If you are talking about Bios password, nobody can help you in this forum. You need to contact the service center to remove it.
hotsummerrain68

Posted: 18-Jul-2010 17:26   in response to: Tonny in response to: Tonny

I DONT KNOW WHAT MENU I WAS ON,, BUT LAST ONE THAT I RECALL WAS THE BOOT MENU, AND NOW ITS JUST A BLACK SCREEN WITH A BLUE RECTANGULAR BOX TO ENTER PASSWORD.,,ISNT THERE A DEFAULT PASSWORD , ANYTHING THAT WILL OVERRIDE TO GET ME OUT OF THAT SCREEN SO I CAN GET ONTO WINDOWS? I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND IF I MADE THE PASSWORD, RE ENTERED IT,, WHERE DO I BEGIN TO FIX THIS ISSUE, I HAVE ALOT OF DOCUMENTS THAT I NEED ACCESS TO AND CANT GET NOTHING UNTIL I PUT A VALID PASSWORD ,IM LOST AND DONT KNOW WHAT OPTIONS I HAVE OR TO TAKE, PLEASE THERE HAS TO BE SOME WAY OF OVER RIDING THIS AND GETTIN ME OUT OF THIS STAND STILL,PLEASE!
hotsummerrain68

Posted: 18-Jul-2010 17:34   in response to: Jeka-Ил in response to: Jeka-Ил

YES ITS THE BIOS PASSWORD, WAS ABLE TO HIT THE F2 KEY N IT SAID THAT BUT THEN QUICKLY SHUT OFF, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO,, I CANT AFFORD TO GET HIT OVER THE HEAD WITH HOW MUCH IM GONNA GET CHARGED TO FIX THIS FOR ME,, I DONT EVEN KNOW THE FIRST PLACE TO TAKE IT,, ALL TOSHIBA PLACES ARE TOO FAR AND I DONT DRIVE,,, CAN ANYONE SUGGEST WHERE AND WHAT I SHOULD DO HERE PLEASE
Jeka-Ил

Posted: 18-Jul-2010 17:40   in response to: hotsummerrain68 in response to: hotsummerrain68

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST WHERE AND WHAT I SHOULD DO HERE PLEASE

Sorry, mate. But no one in this forum can help you. You can read from Toshiba Technical Support

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/FAQ35002I000IR01.htm
Tonny

Posted: 18-Jul-2010 17:41   in response to: hotsummerrain68 in response to: hotsummerrain68

Maybe you didn’t understand it correctly; you cannot delete this, dude.
The BIOS password can be removed ONLY by ASP!
If you cannot get into the BIOS (no matter why), then you will not be able to remove this.

Sorry mate! ASP is needed!
hotsummerrain68

Posted: 18-Jul-2010 18:00   in response to: Tonny in response to: Tonny

HEY TONNY???
MAYBE U DIDNT UNDERSTAND THAT I ASKED POLITELY AND THATS WHY THESE FORUMS ARE HERE, SO WE CAN TRY AND UNDERSTAND AND LEARN,, SO WHY YOU ARE HERE TO HELP IS BEYOND ME WHEN YOU NEED HELP YOUSELF WITH YOUR RUDE ATTITUDE DUDE!!! START BY BRUSHING UP ON UR COMMUNICATION SKILLS, NEXT SOME PATIENCE AND DEFINATELY ANGER MANAGEMENT, SO THANX FOR YOUR INPUT AND BEST OF LUCK BECOMING A BETTER PERSON BY TREATING OTHERS WITH RESPECT,NOT LIKE THEY ARE IDIOTS WITH THAT SAID I HOPE YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF, TAKE CARE!
hotsummerrain68

Posted: 18-Jul-2010 18:02   in response to: Jeka-Ил in response to: Jeka-Ил

jEKA, THANK YOU FO YOUR TIME AND KINDNESS WITH PATIENCE,,THERE SHOULD BE MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ON HERE HELPING OTHERS INSTEAD OF SOME "RUDE DUDE", BUT AGAIN THANK YOU AND HAVE A SAFE & GREAT DAY! ; )
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved