Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A200-1FL
Bluetooth installation issue on Win 7
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-May-2010 09:31 Last Post By: irishgallego
irishgallego

Satellite A200-1FL: Bluetooth installation issue on Win 7
Posted: 23-May-2010 00:10

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 1FL (PSAE6E) with Windows Vista and I've just installed Windows 7 32 bits (not update nor upgrade).

The problem is that when I try to install bluetooth stack, it installs everything ok but the driver.
I picked version 7.10.12 for Windows 7 32 bits from http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download.

The driver installation window shows up and the progress bar doesn't move.
I've waited for a long time and nothing, no response, so I have to cancel.

Nevertheless the software was installed and when I try to start Bluetooth config or any other tool, the same happens: The driver installation window shows up and nothing.

Also I tried to follow order install instructions from toshiba download drivers page guessing which drivers match each options.

May anyone know why is this happening?
Am I missing something or is there any known issue with the Bluetooth driver in Windows 7?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge
Jeka-Ил

Re: Satellite A200-1FL: Bluetooth installation issue on Win 7
Posted: 23-May-2010 10:00   in response to: irishgallego in response to: irishgallego
Correct
Hi

On my A500 during Bluetooth driver instalaltion, it prompts me to enable Wlan switch. I don't know if A200 is equipped with Wlan switch. If it is, enable it and try to install. I have no more other suggestion.
irishgallego

Posted: 23-May-2010 10:23   in response to: Jeka-Ил in response to: Jeka-Ил

Hi Jeka,

That's the first that came to my head . It has happened once to me, but that seems not to be my problem. Even if I turn it on, the scenario is the same.

Thanks anyway,

Jorge
irishgallego

Posted: 23-May-2010 11:20   in response to: irishgallego in response to: irishgallego

The situation happens to me even when the wifi is on. The default SO of my laptop was Windows Vista. I formatted everything but the recovering partition and installed Windows 7. Almost all the drivers and software available at the Toshiba drivers page for Windows 7 seem to work fine. Even some of the drivers mented to Windows Vista

Anyone has any other idea? I discarded hardware because the wifi works fine and the driver installer is capable of detecting when the device is on or off.
PauPau

Posted: 23-May-2010 19:32   in response to: irishgallego in response to: irishgallego

Hi

I think you should remove the BT stack from the system.
Then you should clean the Win 7 using ccleaner or similar tools…
This helps to keep the registry clean.

Now the BT ports should be removed from the device manager.
Delete everything which refers to the Bluetooth.
Finally reboot the unit and start the BT stack installation again.

Greets and good luck
irishgallego

Posted: 24-May-2010 09:31   in response to: PauPau in response to: PauPau

Thanks for the suggestion but I think that if that's the solution, it would sound to me more like a installer's bug. Because the installer seems to do nothing, no error or anything. If the device is disconnected, the installer detects it but nothing else, so I don't know it it could be a hardware problem. And since I reinstalled twice windows 7 thinking that maybe another program could be intercepting the process I don't see it like an option, but thanks.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved