Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to adjust screen contrast on Satellite P300?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Mar-2010 13:46 Last Post By: Paolo30
Desp300

How to adjust screen contrast on Satellite P300?
Posted: 22-Mar-2010 20:55

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the contrast on a P300.

I just can't find a way to do this and the screen is awful - far too bright but lacking in contrast so the colours are not very vivid. Its a shame because its a fine computer in other ways.
Tonny

Re: How to adjust screen contrast on Satellite P300?
Posted: 23-Mar-2010 07:47   in response to: Desp300 in response to: Desp300

Hi

Usually this is not needed…
The screen brightness can be set to a higher and lower level but the screen contrast is controlled automatically…

Anyway, I’ve got a notebook with an Intel graphic card and I could find the settings for gamma, brightness and contrast I control panel -> Intel graphics media accelerator.

I don’t know what graphic card you have but maybe you could find a similar graphic control center in your control panel which would provide similar settings…

But as I said above; notebooks displays are already set to best contrast
PinkPanther

Posted: 23-Mar-2010 09:27   in response to: Desp300 in response to: Desp300

Hi

The screen brightness you can chance with FN+F6 and FN+F7 keys.
Check this!!!

Furthermore in display driver you can change the color scheme. It’s depending on your graphic card/driver but on Intel cards it’s possible.
Check this!!!

Friend of me has also Satellite P300 but in my opinion the screen is pretty good. :)
Des43

Posted: 23-Mar-2010 18:20   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

Thanks for your replies. Mine has an ATI graphics card and I can't find any way to adjust it except for colour profiles - this doesn't have much effect and isn't really for routine tweaking. The colours are just very weak and there is hardly any contrast. This makes watching video not very pleasant. It seems surprising that and ATI graphics card does not have any control functions.
Paolo30

Posted: 24-Mar-2010 13:46   in response to: Des43 in response to: Des43

Well, as mentioned by Tonny, the notebook’s display is already set best contrast and colors. Some graphic cards software provides additional options to adjust the contrast and colors but this will not change really the displays appearance…
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved