Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to reset to factory default settings as if it was brand new?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 05-Apr-2010 17:12 Last Post By: Jeka-Ил
sabathiel

How to reset to factory default settings as if it was brand new?
Posted: 13-Mar-2010 02:12

I have a Toshiba laptop L300. I want to reset the laptop to factory default settings.

The reason is because every time I use firefox and explorer internet browser when I do a search using the search engine and when all the search results are listed and I click on a particular site it takes me to a random page. Once in awhile it may take me to the page I am suppose to be after clicking on the site but most of the time it takes to some crazy irrelevant page.

So I downloaded another web browser (google chrome) and there is no problem at all. I am hoping if I restore to factory default settings the problem may be solved.
Anyone can help?
Feliks

Re: How to reset to factory default settings as if it was brand new?
Posted: 13-Mar-2010 13:38   in response to: sabathiel in response to: sabathiel

Follow described procedure under http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm and you will be able to “reset to factory default settings as if it was brand new”.
If you have more questions let us know.
C3PO

Posted: 31-Mar-2010 15:52   in response to: sabathiel in response to: sabathiel

Hey,

Yes, I think reset to factory settings would be best choice for this issue. You can use the HDD recovery feature or Toshiba recovery disk.

Where is the difference?

-The HDD recovery procedure you have to start via advanced boot menu (F8) and “Repair my Computer” option. Follow the screen instructions and Windows will be reinstalled from the files on the second HDD. Only the first partition will be wiped…

-The Toshiba recovery disk wipes your whole HDD. That means you have to backup files on the second partition as well. Furthermore you have to boot from this disk.

Good luck! :)
deb78

Posted: 05-Apr-2010 16:29   in response to: Feliks in response to: Feliks

hi please can any1 help me im trying to do a factory restore and tried pressing f8 but it not taking me to the menu it does f2 and f12 but no f8 i have not got a disc as my mum has lost it please help x
satellite L300D series24Q
Jeka-Ил

Posted: 05-Apr-2010 17:12   in response to: deb78 in response to: deb78

Hi,

As I understand, you can't find HDD recovery image option that could be already removed and the recovery disks are lost. In your case,
you can order the new disks

https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

or get a copy of Windows 7 and install it. Then, download the all necessary drivers and enjoy it.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved