Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L350-170 - Will not start up, only BSOD
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Feb-2010 15:17 Last Post By: xaver
Daveangler2

Satellite L350-170 - Will not start up, only BSOD
Posted: 16-Feb-2010 16:47

My son's Laptop froze the other night and he had to turn it off manually. He started it up again a while later and this message appears on a BLUE SCREEN.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mote to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

STOP: 0x00008086 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

We've tried to start up in SAFE MODE but nothing seems to work and wondered if anyone could help?

Many thanks

Dave
C3PO

Re: Satellite L350-170 - Will not start up, only BSOD
Posted: 16-Feb-2010 20:11   in response to: Daveangler2 in response to: Daveangler2

Hi

If the safe mode doesn’t work too, the problem seems to be hardware related or your Windows installation is corrupt. Have you something changed or installed on the notebook? If not I would test the RAM modules with special diagnostic tools, like Memtest86. Use Google to find it (freeware program).

If Memtest86 can’t find errors, I would try reinstalling Windows by using Toshiba recovery disk.
Daveangler2

Posted: 17-Feb-2010 10:20   in response to: C3PO in response to: C3PO

Hi,

Nothings been changed on the Laptop, and it was pre installed with Vista (so no disc) and we can't find the any back up disc. It also won't start in repair mode and run the Toshiba recovery.

Thanks anyway C3P0
Andrej

Posted: 17-Feb-2010 10:36   in response to: Daveangler2 in response to: Daveangler2

As far as I know this Satellite notebook is delivered with HDD recovery image only what means recovery installation disc must be created with preinstalled “Toshiba recovery disc creator” tool.Why you didn't create it for such situations is strange to me but it is definitely recommended by Toshiba.

Can you enter BIOS settings? Is Toshiba welcome screen visible?
What happen if you press F8 at start up? Can you enter “Advanced boot settings”?
Daveangler2

Posted: 17-Feb-2010 11:20   in response to: Andrej in response to: Andrej

Hi Andrej,

I don't know how to get into the BIOS settings!

Yes, the Toshiba welcome screen appears at start up and I can get into advanced settings - F8, F2 or F12.
Daveangler2

Posted: 17-Feb-2010 11:27   in response to: Daveangler2 in response to: Daveangler2

I just want to let you know that my daughter has a Toshiba L300 Laptop on which she can't get wireless connected anymore, that's another story. But could I do a copy of the recovery disc on her Laptop and use it on my sons?
Al-eX

Posted: 17-Feb-2010 11:54   in response to: Daveangler2 in response to: Daveangler2

hi ,

found something interresting on microsofts website: kb927392

it says that the bootsector is corrupt....
search microsofts knowledgebase for it...

do a recovery (manual shows how to) - be aware that your datas are in danger!

and using a recovery from a a300 for a a350...
i think this wont work because there are other hardware in it... but give a try and report!
Daveangler2

Posted: 17-Feb-2010 13:48   in response to: Daveangler2 in response to: Daveangler2

The hard drive is recognised in the BIOS when i press F2 at the Toshiba screen.

My daughters recovery disc didn't work. Didn't really know what to do, I put the cd in when it was starting up then changed the boot up to cd/dvd.

I also downloaded a Windows Vista disc repair (torrent file) and tried that but nothing.
xaver

Posted: 17-Feb-2010 15:17   in response to: Daveangler2 in response to: Daveangler2

Dear Dave

You make me crazy. In your posting you mix 10 different things and I don't know anymore what is with sons and daughters notebook and who has problems.
Why you use daughter’s recovery on son’s laptop? They have two different laptop models.

Can we please discuss about one single problem? For other problems you can start separate thread but please with detailed problem description. So back to Satellite L350.
If you don't have original Toshiba recovery installation disc try to install Operating system using Microsoft disc. Try to borrow it somewhere for testing purposes.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved