Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A200 - Touchpad sensitivity issue
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Dec-2009 11:19 Last Post By: nannap
nannap

Satellite A200 - Touchpad sensitivity issue
Posted: 29-Nov-2009 16:32

Hi.

Suddenly my touchpad has developed a mind of its own.
If I hover on something for a couple of seconds it is as though I have clicked on it.

It's really annoying as I've been deleting things I don't want to delete, selecting programs I don't want to select etc.etc.

I have looked at the Synaptics settings & can't find anything that may resolve the problem, although I am totally thick when it comes to anything like this.
If anyone can offer a solution which even I can understand I will be really, truly grateful.

Many thanks in advance.
Andrej

Re: Satellite A200 - Touchpad sensitivity issue
Posted: 04-Dec-2009 07:37   in response to: nannap in response to: nannap

Hello

All you can do is to check all these settings, especially change the sensitivity level in hope this behaviour will stops.
Other way I don't see other was as to visit Toshiba service.

Is external mouse usage solution for you? I mean you can completely disable touchpad with FN+F9 and use external mouse.
PinkPanther

Posted: 04-Dec-2009 18:31   in response to: nannap in response to: nannap

Hi

All touchpad settings that you can change or adjust you can find in control panel > Mouse. If this is not enough for you, you can only contact an authorized service provider for help.

Alternative you use an external mouse as Andrej wrote. To be honest I only use an external mouse because it’s more comfortable as the touchpad in my opinion.
nannap

Posted: 11-Dec-2009 11:19   in response to: nannap in response to: nannap

Thank you for your suggestions. I had already tried adjusting the settings via control panel so I think I will take the advice offered by both of you to switch to using a mouse.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved