Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L500 and recovery discs
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Nov-2009 09:42 Last Post By: Ivan25
Vini Cruz

Satellite L500 and recovery discs
Posted: 06-Nov-2009 18:31

Hi all,

I just bought a L500 and I realised that my system is 64bit but the recovery disc that came with it is 32bit.
Does it make any differece at all? Should I contact Toshiba to get a 64bit recovery disc or is there any way I can create a recovery disc?

Thanks,

Vini Cruz.
Syntax

Re: Satellite L500 and recovery discs
Posted: 11-Nov-2009 20:03   in response to: Vini Cruz in response to: Vini Cruz

Hey Vini Cruz,

I have checked the specifications from some Satellite L500 models on the Toshiba website and it seems that some are equipped with 32bit recovery disk and the preinstalled OS is 64bit.

If you want a 64bit recovery disk you have to create it by yourself using Toshiba recovery disk creator. It creates an image of factory settings from 64bit OS that is the same as 32bit but only 64bit ;)

For further informations check also the user manual chapter 3.
Ivan25

Re: Satellite L500 and recovery discs
Posted: 17-Nov-2009 09:42   in response to: Vini Cruz in response to: Vini Cruz

As far as I know new notebooks are not delivered with recovery discs. Recovery image is saved on HDD and you can create recovery DVDs alone using preinstalled "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator".

Your notebook is supported for 32 and 64 bit versions and both images are saved on second partition in folder called “HDDRecovery”.
When you start "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator" you will see how many empty medias you will need to create all this.
Last week I got Satellite A500 with the same options. I have created 4 DVD-R discs with 32 and 64 bit versions on it.

So just start "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator" and create all necessary recovery discs. I recommend you to use DVD-R medias only. use high quality medias like TDK or Verbatim.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved