Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satego P100 - Screen goes black
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Oct-2009 20:18 Last Post By: Tonny Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
kleeener

Satego P100 - Screen goes black
Posted: 02-Oct-2009 10:26

Hello,

if i power up my notebook there are no problems. After maybe 5 minutes the screen goes Black and after some minutes there is comming a bluescreen. The notebook restart. But now I have lines over the display during BIOS display and the Windows power up display but during operation nothing. If the notebook is powered up after minutes the same, it goes black and then bluescreen.

BIOS and System reinstalled. nothing happens. I think BIOS is faultily, because there are lines across the screen when I power up the notebook again.
If I leave the notebook for 15 minutes off, he starts normally but aftern maybe 5 minutes he starts again with bluescreen and other funny stuff.

Now's anybody the problem and a solution?
I think the BIOS is with a Virus destroyed. But I think on a notebook it is not possible to change only the BIOS. Because the Update of it was ok but the problem remains.

Regards and Thx for answers
diablo87

Re: Satego P100 - Screen goes black
Posted: 02-Oct-2009 10:40   in response to: kleeener in response to: kleeener

Hi

I doubt that you have a BIOS virus. Such viruses are not known to me and I never read about this.

But regarding your problem have you connected an external monitor your notebook? In my opinion it’s something wrong with the internal display or graphic card. And so you can determine what the reason is. ;)

Furthermore it would be interesting to know what OS you have and if you installed a display driver that isn’t from Toshiba.
Andrej

Posted: 02-Oct-2009 13:47   in response to: kleeener in response to: kleeener

I don’t think BIOS is faulty. There must be some other problem. All you have done is right. BIOS update and clean OS installation are only option you can do about it.

Please contact nearest authorized service provider and let technician check your notebook. Let them test hardware functionality using service tools.
kleeener

Posted: 07-Oct-2009 07:07   in response to: kleeener in response to: kleeener

the os is vista 32-bit and yes i had a other driver for my graphic gard.
i removed the harddisk and i had done a completly ereasing of it. to remove also the mbr. but nothing changes. also i test it out to erease the bios, also nothing happens. an idea is a faulty graphic card. i do some other checks and if nothing happens i send it to a service station. i have a good insurance to the notebook.
maybe you have an other idea to fix my notebook.

p.s.: the satego p100 is the first notebook in my live what can not bear up price performance.
the next is a desktop pc. for less money and much more power and performance.

thx and regards
Luke_1

Posted: 07-Oct-2009 07:15   in response to: kleeener in response to: kleeener

Hello

In my opinion you need professional help from an authorized service provider. It’s a hardware issue that must be fixed from professional people.

But one more interesting thing: Have you connected an external monitor as diablo87 wrote?
So you can determine if the internal screen or mainboard is causing this problem.

Greets
kleeener

Posted: 08-Oct-2009 19:15   in response to: Luke_1 in response to: Luke_1

no other display.
os xp is running normal after new installation. if i put a new display driver on it. the system gets after restart a blue screen. i thing that is my problem. a faulty graphic card. i sent my note book to a service.

thx and regards
Tonny

Posted: 08-Oct-2009 20:18   in response to: kleeener in response to: kleeener

I think it’s also GPU issue... thanks for sharing this info with us….
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved