Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Wireless connection keeps failing
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-Sep-2009 15:34 Last Post By: MisterX
kcmartell

Wireless connection keeps failing
Posted: 23-Sep-2009 12:49

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've just bought a new notebook.

The problem I have is the wireless keeps cutting off. I think its something to do with the Config Free software which was installed on it. I can connect using the fancy config free stuff but the connection will just go every ten minutes or so. Using the normal windows wireless conection tools which lists your wireless setting it says I'm not connected to my wireless but if I try to click on it it says I'm disconecting from it. I think that what happens is that the normal windows wireless attempts to connect every once in a whilse and this disconnects me from the config free connection. At the bottom right the normmal wireless ico says not connected and the config free one says it is connected. When the dialog box pops up and says "cannot conntect to your prefered network" it cuts off my connection.

Help! This is driving me nuts, if I thought that I could just delete config free and use normal windows stuff then I would but disabling it left me with no internet at all and I'm afraid of deleting drivers or something important.
MisterX

Re: Wireless connection keeps failing
Posted: 23-Sep-2009 15:34   in response to: kcmartell in response to: kcmartell

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Maybe someone could provide some solution to you issue but I doubt this would be possible without knowing the right notebook model and the preinstalled operating system…

Furthermore I don’t understand why you use Configfree to establish the WLan connection… you can use this tool for diagnostic proposes… but if you want to establish the WLan connection then I recommend using Windows own WLan settings or the Intel ProSet Utility (if Intel WLan card) or Atheros Wlan Utility (if Atheros WLan card.)

PS: Update the WLan driver if possible...
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved