Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A205-S5825 - Some brown spots in the corners of my screen
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Jul-2009 19:51 Last Post By: princessdebbie Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
princessdebbie

Satellite A205-S5825 - Some brown spots in the corners of my screen
Posted: 17-Jul-2009 18:34

Hi, I have noticed in the past couple of days that there are some brown spots in the corners of my screen. They are behind the screen nothing has been spilled. Does anyone have any idea what this could be??

Thanks
Boarder

Re: Satellite A205-S5825 - Some brown spots in the corners of my screen
Posted: 17-Jul-2009 19:00   in response to: princessdebbie in response to: princessdebbie

Hi

First of all you should tell us what notebook and OS do you have.

I don’t know what the reason is for this but first of all you should simply determine if it’s an issue of the internal display or not. Therefore you should connect an external monitor to your notebook and check the picture on it.
If you don’t have the same issue it’s a problem of the internal display and I think it must be replaced.

Greets
princessdebbie

Posted: 17-Jul-2009 19:20   in response to: princessdebbie in response to: princessdebbie

It is A205-S5825 only a year old. OS Firefox. I am sure it is only on this monitor. I just want to know if you think it is going to get worse? I can not afford to replace it and a new monitor would cost as much as a new computer:( I wish I knew what caused it.

Thanks
Boarder

Posted: 17-Jul-2009 19:41   in response to: princessdebbie in response to: princessdebbie

Hi

Why are you sure that it’s only the internal monitor? Did you check an external monitor already?

I don’t know if it’s get worse. I think nobody is be able to say that.

Can you notice this issue in BIOS too or only on Windows? Maybe it’s just a software issue.
By the way, I’m pretty sure that your OS is not Firefox. OS means operating system, for example Windows XP.

I don’t know how much a new display costs but you can ask an authorized service provider. This takes only few minutes and the technicians will try to help you.

Greets
princessdebbie

Posted: 17-Jul-2009 19:51   in response to: Boarder in response to: Boarder

WE did check another monitor already. Im sorry, Im not computer savvy it is VISTA. The problem is there no matter which program I am using. It would cost $300 to replace the monitor (already checked that too). I just wondered it anyone had ever had this happen to them, since it is so strange. I was going to contact Toshiba, but they dont seem to have an email.

Thanks
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved