Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L300 - How can I restore the factory settings?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-May-2009 17:27 Last Post By: TOMER
salimskhan_1

Satellite L300 - How can I restore the factory settings?
Posted: 30-Apr-2009 14:11

Hi all

I have purchased Toshiba L300-19F laptop with Windows Vista.

I have not made the back up CD for the reinstallation of the OS

Can any one tell me how do Ii reinstall my OS same as when i purchased it?

Thanks in advance

Salim
Raver

Re: Satellite L300 - How can I restore the factory settings?
Posted: 30-Apr-2009 14:36   in response to: salimskhan_1 in response to: salimskhan_1

Have you checked the user manual of your notebook?
There you can find all informations about to reinstall your notebook or you get the factory settings back. Furthermore you can find here a lot of threads about this topic so you must only use the search function.

But if you have Vista on your notebook you can restore the factory settings if you use the HDD recovery function or you create the recovery disk. For the HDD recovery function you must only go in the advanced boot menu by pressing F8, select repair my computer and follow the screen instructions.
With the recovery disk it’s similar: Just boot from the disk and follow the screen instructions.

Furthermore you should these informations from the recovery reminder:
Important INFORMATION

your system is equipped with hard disk recovery system. if you need to repair
your computer by restoring it to original factory state, you can do it directly
from harddisk (press F8 when you boot your computer, choose "Repair your computer"
and follow the menue instructions) or create a bootable Recovery Disc Medium for this purpose.

Toshiba recommends you to create Recovery Disc Medium using the "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator" to ensure
hat you are able to restore your computer to the original factory installed state, even if your computer
gets seriously damaged
Barrie

Posted: 13-May-2009 13:32   in response to: salimskhan_1 in response to: salimskhan_1

Hello Salim

To give you precise answer I need more info.
Anyway, if you still use original preinstalled Vista (Factory settings) and if you didn’t changed partition structure or deleted “HDDRecovery” folder from the second partition you can do this as follow:

-Start your notebook and pres F8 several times to enter “Advanced Boot options”
-If the option “Repair my computer” is available choose it and you will enter Vista “System Recovery Options”
-The last option there is “Toshiba Recovery” option. Choose it and follow the menu on the screen.

If the option “Repair my computer” is not available in “Advanced Boot options” then you will not be able to install Vista using HDD installation.
TOMER

Posted: 23-May-2009 17:27   in response to: salimskhan_1 in response to: salimskhan_1

Do you have volume on hard drive e data containing folder hdd recovery if so reboot lap top with f 12 pressed if not order replacement recovery
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved