Re: How can I remove the HDD password?
in response to: msq6633
I am sorry but the last poster is incorrect. You can remove the password as follows :-
1) Start the computer
2) Enter the BIOS
3) Scroll down to HDD Password box
4) Select "REGISTERED" in the password field
5) When prompted enter the existing password
6) When prompted for the new password press the "backspace" key" once
7) When prompted for the [assword the second time, press the "backspace" key once more
8) A message to say that the password has been changed will appear and the word UNREGISTERED will appear in the password field
9) Select "exit and save"
At the next power up you will not be asked for the password.