Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite M100 - No battery light
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Apr-2009 13:48 Last Post By: Baldan11
Baldan11

Satellite M100 - No battery light
Posted: 01-Apr-2009 09:29

Hello there,

My Satellite M100 has a problem with the power. It started about a month ago, when my computer suddenly turned off, and the power indicator was the only one left on, no battery light. The problem seemed to disappear, but recently the laptop's playing up again. It will randomly turn off, or the power indicator will flash rapidly. And the battery light will illuminate for half a second, and turn off.

Any ideas, Thanks in advance
Baldan11
Jaba

Re: Satellite M100 - No battery light
Posted: 01-Apr-2009 13:59   in response to: Baldan11 in response to: Baldan11
Helpful
It will randomly turn off, or the power indicator will flash rapidly. And the battery light will illuminate for half a second, and turn off.
Very strange but sounds like something wrong with the power supply electronic on the motherboard….
If the power LED starts to flash then this would mean that a hardware error has been detected on the motherboard…

But just one question;
Are you able to use the notebook connected only to battery or only to AC adaptor?
Do you have any problems charging the battery?
Raver

Posted: 01-Apr-2009 14:40   in response to: Baldan11 in response to: Baldan11
Helpful
This is really really strange and I never heard about such an issue.

I think you should try another AC/DC adaptor if it doesn’t work it looks like a mainboard issue.
Furthermore follow the instructions posted by Jaba.

I hope I could help you a little bit.
Baldan11

Posted: 16-Apr-2009 10:52   in response to: Jaba in response to: Jaba

No, I cannot use the computer without the battery; if I plug in the power supply, the power light will flash, and will continue to flash until the battery is replaced. Yes, I have a problem charging the battery, whenever I connect the power supply to the computer to charge the battery, the battery light will sometimes come up for about half a second, then will turn off, but the power light will remain on.

Thanks, Baldan11
xaver

Posted: 16-Apr-2009 12:18   in response to: Baldan11 in response to: Baldan11

Hello Baldan

I agree with Jaba. There must be some problem with power supply electronic on the mainboard.
To be honest I don't believe there is anything you can do alone and you should contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.

Let them check your notebook with diagnostic tools and utilities. They can find out what is wrong there very fast.

Is the warranty still valid?
Baldan11

Posted: 17-Apr-2009 13:48   in response to: xaver in response to: xaver

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll take the computer to an authorised dealer and hopefully they can help out. Unfortunately the warranty expired about 1 and a half years ago.

Thanks, Baldan11
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved