Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Tecra M10 BIOS Update question
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Mar-2009 12:54 Last Post By: Jaba
guita

Tecra M10 BIOS Update question
Posted: 10-Mar-2009 12:28

Hello,

I own a Tecra M10-10Q (short model: PTMB1E)
I received a few days ago an automatic TEMPRO Alert from Toshiba informing of a new BIOS driver.

After downloading and extracting the .zip file, I launched the executable: P0065v190.exe
I was asked to confirm that I want to update BIOS from current version 1.50 to BIOS package version 1.90

When I click on "Yes", I have a popup window titled: "TOSHIBA BIOS Package version 3.2.9" !!
with among other cautions, the following statement:
"Turn BitLocker Drive Encryption of Windows Vista off before updating the BIOS"

A google search on what is the "BitLocker Drive Encryption" and how to turn it off, informs that it is located under "Security" in the Control Panel.
However, I didn't find anything like "BitLocker" when I click on "Security" in the Control Panel!!

So, I canceled the update procedure. But I'd like to keep my system uptodate!
What do you advise me to do? Where to find the BitLocker? How to proceed a such update of the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.
Jaba

Re: Tecra M10 BIOS Update question
Posted: 10-Mar-2009 12:54   in response to: guita in response to: guita
Helpful
Hi

Windows Bit locker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature which is available ONLY in Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Server 2008.

If you don’t have one of these Vista versions then a Bilocker is NOT available on your preinstalled system!

Regarding the BIOS update;
I follow always this advice; never change a running system; so if the notebook is running properly and trouble free an BIOS update is not necessary… that’s my personal opinion…

Cheers
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved