Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Vista OEM installation CD
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19-Feb-2009 14:56 Last Post By: Ivan25
kl_1

Vista OEM installation CD
Posted: 18-Feb-2009 13:55

Dear Toshiba,

I have bought a Toshiba laptop (with oem vista), and I installed other operating system then vista on it.

Now (as I bought it) Im requesting a vista installation CD from Toshiba or
a downloadable CD image (.iso) which I can write it, and use it later if I want.

I called the locale Toshiba support service and they told me, that I should get somehow a vista installation image,
and as I have a Vista label at the bottom of my laptop is it perfectly legal.
As I refuse to steal or pirate the vista installation image from the internet because I already bought it,
Im requesting the installation OEM CD from Toshiba directly.

Can somebody point me who should I connect directly?

ps: as I never installed or accepted the Vista licence, therefore I accept a refund too. But I would be happy with a
legal OEM installation CD. Whatever is the easier to achieve.

null
Ivan25

Re: Vista OEM installation CD
Posted: 18-Feb-2009 16:25   in response to: kl_1 in response to: kl_1

Hello

This is user-to-user forum and if you want official Toshiba statement then you are on the wrong place here. The statement from support is somehow “strange” and it will not work. If you want official statement how it works you can also contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.
They know for sure how it works.

I know how it works too but I am afraid you will not be satisfied with my answer so I don't want to start to write anything. If you want to read it anyway please let me know or just check recovery category on this forum. You will find many, but really many threads with exact explanation how it works.

Bye
kl_1

Posted: 18-Feb-2009 17:19   in response to: Ivan25 in response to: Ivan25

The local toshiba service told me, that I can have windows vista oem install cd only one case: harddrive failure.

Do I am out of luck? This whole story is so strange ...

Ivan25: please write it down how do you know toshiba support.
Garrett

Posted: 19-Feb-2009 11:55   in response to: kl_1 in response to: kl_1

Hi

This is my opinion about this whole story;
First of all the serial number which is placed at the bottom of the unit belongs to the OEM version which have been installed on your notebook.

But the installed Windows is already activated and therefore it’s not necessary to use this serial key.

If you need a clean Microsoft Windows disk then you have to buy a full version.
If you need a Toshiba recovery disk you can order it from Toshiba ASP or from this website:
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

Greets
Ivan25

Posted: 19-Feb-2009 14:56   in response to: kl_1 in response to: kl_1

Hi again KL

The software you get with your notebook is bundled on hardware and when you buy new notebook you will get operating system with all necessary drivers, tools and utilities. The whole software is packed in recovery image.

In the past Toshiba has delivered recovery CDs/DVDs with new notebook. Now every notebook has saved recovery image on second partition (there is no separate DVD in the box). It is known that for some reason notebook owner must install fresh copy to be able to use notebook again.
For this purposes every of us must create own recovery media.

For doing this Toshiba has designed small tool called “Toshiba recovery disc creator”. Using this small tool you can create recovery CDs or DVDs and use them for further installation. It is strongly recommended to do this.

Of course notebook owners can forget it. To avoid this situation Toshiba has designed small remainder with follow message:

Important INFORMATION

your system is equipped with hard disk recovery system. If you need to repair
your computer by restoring it to original factory state, you can do it directly
from harddisk (press F8 when you boot your computer, choose "Repair your computer"
and follow the menue instructions) or create a bootable Recovery Disc Medium for this purpose.

Toshiba recommends you to create Recovery Disc Medium using the "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator" to
ensure that you are able to restore your computer to the original factory installed state, even if your computer gets seriously damaged.

When the recovery media is created you can do with your notebook what you want (even install other operating system). Anytime you want you can use this media and have “factory settings” again. It is very strange that many people ignore this and play with notebook.

Anyway, if you didn’t create this recovery media and if you don't have “factory settings” anymore there is no way to create it additionally. Recovery image is not downloadable and your last option is to order new copy for you following link given by garrett. Of course it will not be for free.

Sorry man. :(

Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved