Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Touchpad issues - Error 0x00000103 on Satellite R series
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26-Jan-2009 21:05 Last Post By: Feliks
Kajaz

Touchpad issues - Error 0x00000103 on Satellite R series
Posted: 16-Jan-2009 05:01

I had to recently recover my notebook from scratch using the CF provided by Toshiba. However after upgrading all the patches from Microsoft my touchpad has stopped working. It is not the Fn+F9 problem.

The driver for Alps is missing, also the application for managing the touchpad also does not show up. I tried installing the patch for Alps from the CD as well as downloaded the driver but it fails with the error code 0x00000103 and then failed init 0x0000000.

Can someone kindly provide me some assistance about how to fix it ?

Thanks,
KK
Ivan25

Re: Touchpad issues - Error 0x00000103 on Satellite R series
Posted: 22-Jan-2009 08:14   in response to: Kajaz in response to: Kajaz

Hmmm.... have you checked the list of all available updates? You should do this before the update starts (disable automatic update).

I have noticed that there is offered option for “Synaptics – Input – Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad” but this update is defined as optional so it must not be installed and you should use Toshiba installed driver only.

What to do now? Try to roll back OS to earlier time using System restore tool. Sorry but now it will not be easy to do much. If nothing helps install OS again using recovery image but then disable automatic updates and do it manually. Always check the list of available updates and avoid updates for hardware components. I do the same and everything works fine.
Feliks

Re: Touchpad issues - Error 0x00000103 on Satellite R series
Posted: 26-Jan-2009 21:05   in response to: Kajaz in response to: Kajaz

I agree with Ivan. Try to roll back OS to earlier time. if this is because of updates it should work again.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved