Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L300 PSLB8E - I need SATA drivers
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 27-Dec-2008 20:49 Last Post By: Jimi
Steve_F

Satellite L300 PSLB8E - I need SATA drivers
Posted: 27-Dec-2008 08:43

Hi guys,

I have seen this question asked before and yes I have read through the forums and looked at other answers and yes; I've seen answers like use nLite and Visit Intels page but I need to ask the question if Toshiba have supplied all the drivers for this model L300-1AQ PSLB8E-OOKOO.

I have not supplied the sata drivers to add to a floppy to enable you to install the SATA drivers and not disable the SATA option in the bios.

If the drivers are available from Toshiba to put into nlite you may as well use them on floppy if you have one ( I have). I have searched this site and Intels for the drivers for the ich9m-b Sata Controller with no joy at all.

If anyone knows of their whereabouts I would really appreciate your assistance.

Many Thanks Folks
Jimi

Re: Satellite L300 PSLB8E - I need SATA drivers
Posted: 27-Dec-2008 13:08   in response to: Steve_F in response to: Steve_F
Helpful
Hi

You need SATA drivers???

Well, this forum is big database and you will find many threads regarding the same theme.

If your notebook has been equipped with the Intel chipset then you need the SATA drivers/files which are a part of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager.

This IMSM can be downloaded from the Intel page… if you are using the nLite software then you need the IMSM floppy package because this package contains dll and inf file and not the exe file. The SATA dll and inf files could be included to the XP disk very easily.

Greets
Steve_F

Posted: 27-Dec-2008 13:55   in response to: Jimi in response to: Jimi

Thanks For the reply , I have been on intels page and they do not state the ich9m-b Satat Controller , I have downloaded the Version they do have and it does not work , Also i have searched this site and downloaded some that have been recommended and they do not work , I have done this on many machines in the past so i know what i,m looking for But the Sata files do not seem to be available for this machine , I have even done a search for the files by hard drive name and still nothing.I have exhausted all options before asking for help, I,m hoping someone with the same drive/Machine has found the files. As i have stated if i could find the files i would incorporate them with xp useing Nlite

Many thanks
Jimi

Posted: 27-Dec-2008 14:15   in response to: Steve_F in response to: Steve_F
Correct
You are simply on the wrong way dude..
Your notebook support the Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset and one of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager versions supports this chipset!

Check this:

Intel Matrix Storage Manager Ver:8.6.0.1007

Steve_F

Posted: 27-Dec-2008 16:55   in response to: Jimi in response to: Jimi

Hi and thank You Jimi For Your time , I have allready downloaded this file and put the files on to floppy and picked the Intel ich8m-e/ich9m-e Sata Raid Controller and it crashes just before pressing F8 , It is the wrong sata files i think , Hopefully more light can be shed on this problem

Once again Thank You
Jimi

Posted: 27-Dec-2008 17:40   in response to: Steve_F in response to: Steve_F

Take all the files which you could download and use the nLite to include the SATA driver and to built the new XP disk. Mostly this work!!!
Forget the installation using the FDD drive…. I made wrong experience using such external FDD drive!
Steve_F

Posted: 27-Dec-2008 18:28   in response to: Jimi in response to: Jimi

Hi jimi and thanks i,m going to try it now , I,m having trouble with nlite but i presume i,m useing it wrong , I,,ll have a good look at it now

Mnay Thanks
Jimi

Posted: 27-Dec-2008 18:42   in response to: Steve_F in response to: Steve_F
Helpful
Use nLite for XP and vLite for Vista ;)

Here the page for nLite details:
http://www.nliteos.com/
Steve_F

Posted: 27-Dec-2008 18:54   in response to: Jimi in response to: Jimi

Thank you Jimmi , I have used nlite 1.4.9.1 and it added the driver files but i can not see a option to make a iso , I have copied the full files back to disk and it won,t boot , What am i doing wrong ,

Thank you again My friend
Steve_F

Posted: 27-Dec-2008 19:53   in response to: Steve_F in response to: Steve_F

Hi jimi forget that last statement , Ive made the iso and burned it and yes it works like a dream YOUR A FIRST CLASS STAR Thank you for your time and effort :) Windows is now installing after three days , Without you guys we would all still be in the stone age I,m Sure
Once Again Thankkkk You
Jimi

Posted: 27-Dec-2008 20:49   in response to: Steve_F in response to: Steve_F

Great news!
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)