Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
IDE #1 error when changing my dvd drive on Satellite 2450-401
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Jun-2005 07:07 Last Post By: tatokiro
michaeldolocan

IDE #1 error when changing my dvd drive on Satellite 2450-401
Posted: 28-Apr-2005 21:42

Hi,
i just bought an dvd-rw Toshiba sd-r6472 to replace my old dvd\cdrw Teac on my Satellite 2450-401. When i reboot my computer i get ide #1 error and after charging the system (Windows and Linux) my new dvdrw drive is not seen. I tried to install it under widows with the computer running is the same i dont see it but at list i can open it(it has current in it). I updated my BIOS nothing. This dvdrw works very well on a notebook from another producer. I tried to install another dvdrw drive it's the same. I read some forums and apparently the Toshibas have some problems the drives are cable select and to set it to slave (the drive doesnt have pins to set is plug and play) you have to connect to pins or something like that. Can anybody help me?It's stupid that a Toshiba drive doesnt work on a Toshiba notebook and works on another one...if it exists an easier method to install it will help me alot
Barrie

Re: IDE #1 error when changing my dvd drive on Satellite 2450-401
Posted: 29-Apr-2005 14:06   in response to: michaeldolocan in response to: michaeldolocan

Hi Michael

Before we start any discussion about your problem please use Advanced Search option on this forum and put the IDE #1 as searched term. You will see that on this forum you can find a lot of similar topics. Check it a little bit. Maybe you can find an answer. If not, write again please.

Good luck!
josiah123

Posted: 12-May-2005 21:51   in response to: Barrie in response to: Barrie

An ID#1 error is usually caused by a slave/master conflict with the hard drive. The slave / master IDE setting is made by firmware. Most Toshiba notebooks require the ODD to be set to master. Ultradrives.com supplies the drives with the correct settings.
karim99

Posted: 23-May-2005 12:22   in response to: josiah123 in response to: josiah123

I have been experiencing the same problem when I swapped my toshiba satelite dvd/cd rom with dvd/cdwr both drives were made by Toshiba. I manage to solve IDE #1 Error simply by connecting pin 47 and 45 of my dvd/cdrw using a kitchen foil, no need for flashing or nothing and my drive is now working perfectly.

If you can extract your drive out look for it connector, you will find 50 pins, 25 on the tops and 25 at the bottom, the last but one on top left is 47 and last but two on the top left is 45, you need to join these two together using anything which allow flow of current(I used kitchen foil), but must be very thin (about 1 or 1.5 mm), other wise if it will overlap to other pin it may cause damage.

caution: do it your own risk!, but i do believe if you will do it perfectly your drive will work with no problem like mine.
badri

Posted: 28-May-2005 05:29   in response to: michaeldolocan in response to: michaeldolocan

Hi
I have a Toshiba Satellite A80 part no: PSA80L-043003. I have upgraded the Dvd-combo drive which was a Master (master/slave) to a Toshiba Samsung Toshiba SD-R6472
(c-sel). The drive gets recognized as a secondary slave drive with DMA disabled.because of this i cannot write DVD media at more than 1x.
Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem and how can i enable dma on this drive?

Thanks
Raj
lafundacion

Posted: 01-Jun-2005 09:32   in response to: badri in response to: badri

I resolve my problem with sd-r6472 changing the c-sel to slave, with this program:

http://www.movies-to-dvd.com/toshiba.html

Changes the TU51(C-sel) to TR51(Slave) firmware.

Now works perfectly with my toshiba satellite 1800-100

Bye

Edited by: admin
tatokiro

Posted: 16-Jun-2005 02:46   in response to: karim99 in response to: karim99

Thank you very much, karim99. I followed your steps resolving this problem, and now I have my DVDRW Toshiba SD-R6472 working in a Satellite 1800-614. It has been very difficult and with a lot of good luck, but now the BIOS don't show that ide#1 error and the operating system recognizes the drive, reading and writing OK.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved