Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A210 - Toshiba Vista Recovery installation error
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Sep-2008 15:00 Last Post By: sascha
NTMS

Satellite A210 - Toshiba Vista Recovery installation error
Posted: 01-Sep-2008 07:51

Hi,

Last February I bought Toshiba Satellite A210. Yesterday I had to re-install the system to get original factory setting using CD-Recovery DVD. I follow the step shown on screen until I came to "Format-Partition" stage. Start to copy 1/5 to 4/5 things that I forget the name what was going to copy and suddenly I get an error saying that data couldn't copy or some data error from redundancy check fail and then "please press any key to continue" and I press a key to continue and suddenly the cmd window disappeared.
I realize that on the bottom it was another cmd window shown and when I maximize the window all I see is something like

X:\widowns\system32

I didn’t understand what I have to do. So I restart the system and do same thing again and I get same error.
First I thought my HDD might be a fault on it so I used my another original Windows Vista cd to install Vista to see if my HDD is okay.

During the setup I see 4 partition and one of them saying WinRE. Anyway I install my vista. But I was needed original recovery cd data so I can install the driver.

Then later I tried to use CD-Recovery DVD and I get same error that I describe above.

Does anyone know what was wrong?
It is very difficult to call from the night to Toshiba help center so I am trying to get some answer in this post.

I thank you for reading my post.

Kind regards,
NTMS
Jimi

Re: Satellite A210 - Toshiba Vista Recovery installation error
Posted: 01-Sep-2008 08:30   in response to: NTMS in response to: NTMS

Hi

I recovered my A210 notebook many times and had this issue only one time.
In my case the black cmd window appeared and I didn’t know what I have to do.
So I closed this windows and nothing happened.
Now I know that I have to leave everything until the installation procedure would finish.

But listen buddy; you said you have installed the Vista using an original Microsoft Vista DVD. Well, in such case you don’t need the Recovery DVD for Toshiba driver installation.
All needed Vista drivers are released on the Toshiba European driver page.

Check the driver page, choose your notebook model and then you should get all necessary Vista drivers!

Bye
NTMS

Posted: 01-Sep-2008 15:13   in response to: NTMS in response to: NTMS

Hi Jimi,

Thanks I did instal from my another Original Vista DVD that I bought irt my Home PC and it did work. But I am trying use Recovery CD and I fail to do so.

Here is what I get:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DiskPart successfully formatted volume.
set RECO_info_GUID=DC1385D9-A0A5 etc...
set RECO_info_imagecount=2
set RECO_info_partnumber=1
set RECO_info_numsplit=5
set RECO_info_bootindex=0
Copying F:\05305XSP.swm to c:__~TSPLIT_TEMP 1/5
1 file(s) copied.
Copying F:\05305XSP.swm to c:__~TSPLIT_TEMP 2/5
1 file(s) copied.
Copying F:\05305XSP.swm to c:__~TSPLIT_TEMP 3/5
1 file(s) copied.
Copying F:\05305XSP.swm to c:__~TSPLIT_TEMP 4/5
Data error <cyclic redundacy check>.
0 file(s) copied.
ERROR: Copy of splitpart failed!
Press any key to continue ...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If i press any key it close the current cmd window

But the Administator:X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe which is anothr cmd windows look open and it says

Waiting ODD to become available ...
ODD drive F: ready.
Check for medium in drive F: ...
continue....
Failed to initialize the raid class.
No Raid - Continue normaly ....

X:\windows\system32> _

+ My question is how to copy the 05305XSP.swm into c:__~TSPLIT_TEMP amnually?
+ Can I copy te Disk one to anotther CD to check if it is working? If so how can I do that?

Thnaks you for reading my post and I hope someone from Toshiba could be able to understand what is the error that I am keep getting.

Kind Regards,
NTMS

kody

Posted: 02-Sep-2008 00:26   in response to: NTMS in response to: NTMS

It looks like the data transfer from the ODD to the HDD is being corrupted.

Run Memtest to check the memory for errors. www.memtest.org
And also check the HDD for bad sectors. The Advanced test in Hitachi DFT is good. http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm
NTMS

Posted: 02-Sep-2008 12:13   in response to: NTMS in response to: NTMS

Hi,

Does anyone know hoe to contact by e-mail Toshiba Turkey or Toshiba EU?

I wrote once to Toshiba Turkey but my mail came that e-mail that I sent not exist!!!!

Thank you.

Rgds,
NTMS
R2D2

Posted: 02-Sep-2008 12:49   in response to: NTMS in response to: NTMS

Hi

You can contact an authorized service provider in Turkey if you have some problems with your machine.
You can find the ASP database here:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com -> Support & Download -> Find an Authorized Service Provider

Just view words regarding your issue:

I wonder about this statement:
During the setup I see 4 partitions and one of them saying WinRE

Usually there are only two partitions; One for the Vista OS and the second hidden partition for WinRE
So I’m a little confused and I would recommend firstly formatting the whole HDD and to remove the partitions from the HDD.
Maybe you could use a WinXP CD too format the HDD.

Then you could try again to boot from the Toshiba Recovery DVD and to reinstall the Vista.

Good luck
NTMS

Posted: 02-Sep-2008 15:44   in response to: R2D2 in response to: R2D2

Hi R2D2

I try to find ASP in Turkey and ask me send the machine to Turkey. I am living in North Cyprus and at the moment I very busy to send or fly to Turkey.
I need the Toshiba Customer service e-mail so I can contact them about the issue that I am having.

I install using Vizta CD and my machine worked, I check the Ram HDD and all is working.
Problem is the DVD has 2 vista on it 1 for Turkish version and another English version and I want to use the English version.

And you are right about partion it was 2 partion.

And I am having problem with file call 05305XSP4.swm when I try to install keep saying

Copying F:\05305XSP.swm to c:__~TSPLIT_TEMP 4/5
Data error <cyclic redundacy check>.
0 file(s) copied.
ERROR: Copy of splitpart failed!
Press any key to continue ...

So if I can find any way to download the file 05305XSP4.swm I can install it other wise I have to send the DVD for replacement and I am looking way to do it/

Rgds
NTMS
sascha

Posted: 02-Sep-2008 17:23   in response to: NTMS in response to: NTMS

Hello NTMS

In my opinion you make the situation more complicated as it is. R2D2 send you the link where you can find authorized service providers in turkey. So check which services you can find there and you can make a call. If you do not want to contact them by phone try to find the web page of those services and I hope there you can find e-mail address.

Please note: you will not contact Toshiba directly but just authorized service partner. If you call Toshiba hotline or customer service you will hear the same story. They cannot help you directly.
Please do what I write to you. Contact service and explain the situation, they can order for you new recovery media.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved