Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to remove X64 ACPI-Compliant Value Added Logical General Purpose Device
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Sep-2008 13:07 Last Post By: zaphodwoob
beatle_840

How to remove X64 ACPI-Compliant Value Added Logical General Purpose Device
Posted: 06-Aug-2008 20:32

Hi,

I have made a major mistake and installed the update called:

TOSHIBA - Other hardware - TOSHIBA x64 ACPI-Compliant Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device

I have a X32 Vista System and this is obviously conflicting with my current setup in very unusual ways. To remove the problem I have tried a system restore - but the system has since had SP1 installed and doesn't have a restore point early enough to remove the update. I have also tried to uninstall the update from Vista's unistall an update option from the Control Panel - the update is not listed here at all.

Does anybody know how to remove this hardware update using other methods than the usual Vista removal or restore systems?? My device manager does not list the hardware update x64 - only the x86 ACPI that I would expect on my system.
Jayjay

Re: How to remove X64 ACPI-Compliant Value Added Logical General Purpose Device
Posted: 07-Aug-2008 08:53   in response to: beatle_840 in response to: beatle_840
Helpful
Hi

Hmm… I presume the x64 ACPI compliant driver was installed has updated the Toshiba x86 ACPI-Compliant Value Added logical device.

So in you case I would remove the Toshiba x86 ACPI-Compliant Value Added logical device from the device manager and would reboot the notebook.
After new reboot the OS should recognize this device again and should install the right driver.

But I’m not quite sure if it would take the 32bit or the 64bit version…. So just try…

Bye

beatle_840

Posted: 07-Aug-2008 12:15   in response to: Jayjay in response to: Jayjay

Hi

Thank you for that - it has to be worth a go.

I will try that and see what happens.

Cheers
Kev
chas_hopkins

Re: How to remove X64 ACPI-Compliant Value Added Logical General Purpose De
Posted: 17-Aug-2008 21:09   in response to: beatle_840 in response to: beatle_840

Stupidly, I installed this update, wasn't paying enough attention.

Does anyone know how to remove it ? I can't see how to, does not appear in the updates list to uninstall or the software section, can't see a device to delete !
beatle_840

Re: How to remove X64 ACPI-Compliant Value Added Logical General Purpose De
Posted: 02-Sep-2008 18:41   in response to: chas_hopkins in response to: chas_hopkins

managed to remove the update - but had to fully restart the computer after removal of every driver and a basic restore of the drivers to their first settings.
this was managed through device manager. i couldn't find another way - but the update then appeared in Windows Update proving it couldn't be found on my computer.

my problems with the sleep mode continue though.
zaphodwoob

Posted: 11-Sep-2008 01:03   in response to: beatle_840 in response to: beatle_840

This is probably too late, but I have found this real issue is from a corrupted anti-virus program. I'm my case it was McAfee. I also mistakenly installed the 64-bit BIOS update on to my laptop. I was able to get the newest BIOS update for my A200 from Toshiba technical support, that was not available through the normal KB. Yes, the x64 ACPI corrupts the 32-bit x86 BIOS (starts at ver 1.40), but the one program that I had that was killing the laptop performance turns out to be McAfee and not CounterSpy (fyi: they have a new, very good, AV engine VIPRE).

After 24 hours of flashing the BIOS with the newest version, 2.10, and using the Windows system restore to go back 24 hours, I uninstalled McAfee from Safe Mode, and I have been running great ever since. The 2.10 BIOS is also faster than the 1.40 and 1.80 versions.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved