Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L300
How to restore Vista
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Aug-2008 15:35 Last Post By: Jaba
toshibafriek

Satellite L300: How to restore Vista
Posted: 03-Aug-2008 10:28

Hello,

i have a Toshiba L300-180 with Vista Basic. For some reason i cannot access my Windows. So want to make a recovery. Wehn i switch on the computer and press F8 and choose repair it only
shows the the boot options normal or save mode no repair options at all. How can this be and how can i recover a fully working windows?
HomerJ

Re: Satellite L300: How to restore Vista
Posted: 03-Aug-2008 12:32   in response to: toshibafriek in response to: toshibafriek

You will need to use your recovery discs. Those can be created after you have started Vista and using the backup creator, when you don't have any recovery discs. If you have not done this, you might ask local ASP to order those recovery media for you, as I'm not quite sure if your model already support recovery from HDD.

Perhaps you can try to start Vista in safe mode and try to make some recovery discs.
toshibafriek

Posted: 04-Aug-2008 15:12   in response to: HomerJ in response to: HomerJ

Can´t start Windows at all. In safe mode it says "error during installation" please start gain.
Jaba

Posted: 04-Aug-2008 15:35   in response to: toshibafriek in response to: toshibafriek

Hi

The L300 supports an HDD Recovery option.
You have to start the notebook then press F8 and have to choose the option called “Repair your Computer”

This should start the recovery again.
If something will go wrong during the recovery or if the recovery would hang then press ESC button to break up the procedure and then choose “Repair” to follow with the installation.

Usually this should helps. If not then I assume that there is something wrong with the recovery partition.
In such case you will have to order the Recovery DVD from Toshiba.

For this check this page:
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

Regards
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums