Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to turn on the webcam on Satellite notebook
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Jul-2008 12:35 Last Post By: Jack Black
rjones123

How to turn on the webcam on Satellite notebook
Posted: 03-Jul-2008 11:12

When I open the camera assistant software and click on the 'start camera' icon it opens a new window (as it should), but no picture comes up.
If I then try click on the 'snapshot' icon it then tells me to 'turn on camera'.

Anybody know how to turn on the camera, as I have looked all over and I dont have a clue :S
Jack Black

Re: How to turn on the webcam on Satellite notebook
Posted: 03-Jul-2008 12:20   in response to: rjones123 in response to: rjones123

What Satellite notebook do you have?
Do you have a Camera Assist Software in the taskbar?

Please check this!
There you can make a double click and a camera software should slide out from the left (depends on the settings)
There you should click the first option. This will start the cam.

If it does not work, remove the software and download and reinstall the new from the Toshiba European driver page.
rjones123

Posted: 03-Jul-2008 12:29   in response to: Jack Black in response to: Jack Black

I have done this. The bar does slide out from the left and I click on the first option. It just comes up with a window where the camera sight should be but it is grey. When I click on snapshot to take a photo it tells me o turn my camera on?
Jack Black

Posted: 03-Jul-2008 12:35   in response to: rjones123 in response to: rjones123

Ok, this is strange because if the software is already running, the webcam should be on.

However, you have still did not provide an answer to my first question about your notebook model.

Furthermore as I have already suggested above, if the cam software does not work, download the newest series from the Toshiba page and reinstall
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved