Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How can I enter the BIOS of a Portege M100?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07-May-2008 14:04 Last Post By: Jack Black
christraduz2000

How can I enter the BIOS of a Portege M100?
Posted: 05-May-2008 23:32

I've got actually two problems: How can I enter the Bios and why can't I install the latest drivers for the grafic chip?

I want to increase the grafic performance to the maximum, as I increased the RAM and the notebook is quite fast.
I'd like to play more games that need directx9c.

Whatever you can help me: tx in advance.
Jimi

Re: How can I enter the BIOS of a Portege M100?
Posted: 06-May-2008 08:40   in response to: christraduz2000 in response to: christraduz2000

Hi

Do you use the Toshiba BIOS or Phoenix BIOS?
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a Toshiba BIOS... in this case you can use the ESC button to access the BIOS settings.

I want to increase the graphic performance to the maximum,
I've got bad news for you... the only one, real way to increase the graphic performance is the graphic chip upgrade... BUT this is not possible. The GPU chip is fixes on the board and it's not possible to remove it.

I'd like to play more games that need directx9c
Well, most of games need the directx9c. You could use the command "dxdiag" to access the DirectX settings and to check the installed version.

By the way; you can download the directx9c from the Microsoft website
Jack Black

Re: How can I enter the BIOS of a Portege M100?
Posted: 07-May-2008 13:32   in response to: christraduz2000 in response to: christraduz2000

Hi Guys

I’m sure that the M100 supports the Toshiba BIOS and therefore the pressing of ESC button should allow you to access the BIOS.

Furthermore I agree with Jimi… the graphic card chip is mounted on the motherboard.
It’s not easy/possible to remove it therefore a graphic card upgrade is not possible.

By the way: M100 was equipped with the a Intel 855GM shared memory graphic card and it seems that this chip supports only DirectX 8

Bye
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved