Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Touchpad stops working after hibernation on Satellite M40
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26-Oct-2007 16:19 Last Post By: Jimi
barlowmills

Touchpad stops working after hibernation on Satellite M40
Posted: 24-Oct-2007 10:44

My M40 laptop has just started having a problem with it's Touchpad, after hibernation the the Touchpad does not work. plugging an external mouse works, I've tried disabling and re enabling through the control panel but it does not help. Powering off and then back on does fis the Thinkpad, has anyone seen this before?
Jimi

Re: Touchpad stops working after hibernation on Satellite M40
Posted: 26-Oct-2007 16:19   in response to: barlowmills in response to: barlowmills

You said this problem started now. So it seems that this issue was not present in the past. Am I right?
So if I’m right then it looks more like an software problem as a hardware issue.

Usually the first step should be a new Touchpad driver installation. Then you could try to update the Windows XP OS to the latest state. You should use the Microsoft update page to get all patches.

Then download and install the cleaning tool called “CCleaner”. Its for free and it’s very helpful to clean the OS and the registry.

If this does not help, try to reinstall the OS from the recovery CD and test if this issue persists after new OS installation.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved