Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Blue vertical line on the screen of Qosmio G20
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-Dec-2007 09:32 Last Post By: fatdaddy
ginbraiba

Blue vertical line on the screen of Qosmio G20
Posted: 10-Oct-2007 20:58

A few minutes ago i was surfing in the web and coming from nowhere a blue vertical line apperead on the screen.
A blue vertical line near the midle of the screen and crosses the all screen up to down.

If I'm watching an a white background the line is undetectable but if it's colored she comes right thru.

Please don't tell me that this are dead pixels...hoooo.. I'm now living far way from any toshiba repair shop and will i get any warranty..
I think i bought it 3 years ago. Need help urgent
Jeffrey

Re: Blue vertical line on the screen of Qosmio G20
Posted: 11-Oct-2007 08:08   in response to: ginbraiba in response to: ginbraiba

Hi Susana

I would not say it’s a dead pixel fault but for me it looks like a bigger problem.
It looks like a graphic card malfunction. But to be sure you should try to connect the external monitor to the notebook and check if the same vertical line will appear on the second display.

If you will see the same line on the external monitor then I presume the vertical blue line issue could be related to the GPU fault.
This could be the worth case because the graphic card chip cannot be replaced. You will need to replace the whole motherboard :(

So as you see it’s not easy to solve this problem and I would really recommend contacting a technician who has more experience with such notebook problems.

Good luck
ginbraiba

Posted: 12-Oct-2007 20:03   in response to: Jeffrey in response to: Jeffrey

thanks jeffrey for the reply.
i have connected the laptop to an external screen and the blue vertical line doesn´t show up on the external monitor..so i guess it is really a LCD problem.

if it was the graphic card and if it was not possible to change it what would they have to do then to fix the laptop..give a new one..lol?

i´ve checked and i´m still with warranty til the next 2 months so i guess it will be ok.

thanks

Message was edited by: ginbraiba
ginbraiba

Posted: 24-Nov-2007 20:50   in response to: ginbraiba in response to: ginbraiba

So the monitor was faulty..toshiba replaced the monitor.. 2 weeks after the same line appears again..what?
They must be joking me.
ginbraiba

Posted: 25-Nov-2007 14:00   in response to: ginbraiba in response to: ginbraiba

Ok I need any advise from the experts.
So a few weeks ago one line of dead pixel show up on the screen connected to an external monitor and the line did not show up at the external monitor what made us think that it was not a graphic card malfunction.

Toshiba replaced the faulty monitor, when I received the pc was all ok... and 2 weeks after the line show up in the same place!
This might be a much more serious problem right?
Should it be from the graphic card? but when i connect to an external monitor that line does not show on the external monitor. thanks in advance
fatdaddy

Posted: 12-Dec-2007 20:09   in response to: ginbraiba in response to: ginbraiba

Get ready for bad news. This is exactly what happened to my G20-139 about 1 month after the warranty ran out and it had never moved away from a table so no possibility of damage. Supplier wasn't interested. Lines got progressively worse over the next 9 months - yellow, pink, white at 1-2 lines/moth until I had so many DVD watching was impossible and still less than 2 years from new. Supplier said nothing to do with them. Toshiba help desk suggested a motherboard fault - take it back to the supplier. I was quoted at least £500 for a repair, but we can do you a good deal on a new Qosmio.

Eventually got a replacement 17" screen put in by my local repair shop for £380 which is guaranteed for a year. Happy to share experiences with others who have had similar experiences. I would try and find a local repairer who will get a similar screen.

It's obviously a close call with buying a new one.

Fat Daddy

Edited by: ADMIN on 12-Dec-2007 21:02
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved