Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A200-10W
I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Oct-2007 14:35 Last Post By: R2D2
wizard_lockless

Satellite A200-10W: I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update
Posted: 04-Sep-2007 09:15

I got a satellite A200-10W. The touchpad worked fine the begining. Then a windows update was installed and i lost the dual mode on my touchpad.

It gives me normal function as a touchpad but the button mode doesnt work. It doesnt light up, it doest give me button options,the volume control doesnt work, it doesnt even scroll in normal mode either.
I reinstalled the drivers both synaptics and alps,but no avail.

How can i ever use dual mode again ?

Thanks for any help !!!!
R2D2

Re: Satellite A200-10W: I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update
Posted: 06-Sep-2007 09:41   in response to: wizard_lockless in response to: wizard_lockless

Hi

Very strange… I didn’t notice any problems with touchpad after the windows update.
I have updates my windows and then have lost the sound. After new reboot I have run the update and the sound come back…

But in you case it looks like the MS updates could have a bad influence on the touchpad functions.

Did you choose the right touchpad drivers for the PSAECE series?
The Synaptics Touch Pad Driver allows you to set the properties and functions for Touch Pad control.
And the Alps Electric Touch Pad Driver allows you to set the properties and functions for mouse control.

Maybe you have to configure the settings again after the new installation of the touchpad drivers ?:|

But did you try to update the Windows Vista again? Sometimes you have to reboot the notebook to get all necessary updates which will fix the issues.

In worth case, recover the notebook and do not perform the windows updates…

Mike30

Posted: 18-Oct-2007 13:49   in response to: wizard_lockless in response to: wizard_lockless

Hi

To be honest I believe that different Windows updates can have negative influence on notebook functionality. The problem is that Vista is ‘small baby’ and I suppose in the next months we will hear about lot similar issues. I just hope that Toshiba has noticed all this and will inform Microsoft.

It is really nothing new that after OS updates different functions are gone. Try to roll back OS to earlier time and hopefully mouse buttons will work again.
edwardss7

Posted: 18-Oct-2007 21:32   in response to: wizard_lockless in response to: wizard_lockless

Just to add weight to this problem. I upgraded to Windows Business Vista and found that the scrolling action on the touchpad had gone. Very frustrating not being able to use it. Is their a fix for this?
R2D2

Posted: 24-Oct-2007 14:35   in response to: edwardss7 in response to: edwardss7

Seems that the Vista update has a bad influence on the Synaptics and Alps Electric touchpad drive.
I think you have to wait till this was solved.
Maybe it’s a good idea to take a look from time to time on the Synaptics and Alps Electric websites.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved