Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Playback device deleted on Satellite A100
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 05-Sep-2007 09:42 Last Post By: Jack Black
HughPotter

Playback device deleted on Satellite A100
Posted: 01-Sep-2007 09:35

Hi, my wife accidentally deleted the playback device and although the soundcard is still there and working fine (according to Device Manager), I can't work out how to get the computer (A100 PSAANE) to make any sound! The Playback Devices screen says "No audio devices are installed", and the volume icon on the taskbar has a red x, and says "No audio output device is installed".
Hugh
DennisFarina

Re: Playback device deleted on Satellite A100
Posted: 01-Sep-2007 21:02   in response to: HughPotter in response to: HughPotter

Hi,

I think the best way to fix that little mistake is to backup all data and recover your machine since if you try to tinker something ín your system you won´t have any success.

Just do it and enjoy the sound again after recovering your machhine.

Cheers
Jack Black

Re: Playback device deleted on Satellite A100
Posted: 05-Sep-2007 09:42   in response to: DennisFarina in response to: DennisFarina

Hi

I wonder how you wife did manage to remove an “playback device” ?:|
Who knows…?

Before you will start the whole OS restore procedure, I would recommend removing the “sound card” from the device manger.
Then perform a new reboot on the computer. In such case the Windows OS should recognize the new device and the sound card should be installed again.

Then go to the sound & audio devices in control panel!
Check if all controls are activated.

If it does not help you could try to restore the OS to the early time point using the Windows system restore tool.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved