Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite Pro 6100
cursor disappears in the upper right or lower left corner
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 22-Jul-2007 13:13 Last Post By: dnf666
Wis

Satellite Pro 6100: cursor disappears in the upper right or lower left corner
Posted: 16-Jul-2007 16:00

I guess due to mis function of the keyboard pointer device the cursor often disappears and is difficult to get back on the screen. Switching off in the bios is not possible.
Does anyone has a suggestion how to disable this pointer device? I have seen that the connection from the keyboard consist of two parts a cooper colored part 5 wires and a silver colored part. Would the copper colored part be from the pointer device and what will happen is I simply disconnect the copper colored part of the connector? I am using a USB mouse so I do not need this device
Satellite Pro SP6100 /SP610E

Message was edited by: Wis
dnf666

Re: Satellite Pro 6100: cursor disappears in the upper right or lower left corner
Posted: 22-Jul-2007 13:13   in response to: Wis in response to: Wis

Hi,

if you really don´t need it you should disconnect the copper colored part, I think this might be the mouse. The mouse connection contains usually less wires then the keyboard connection, so it should work.
On the other side I would suggest you to go to ebay and to search for a new (can be also used but working) keyboard, because I don´t know if it´s really healthy to work with the machine with some connectors or cables internally disconnected.

Greets
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved