Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Jun-2007 19:19 Last Post By: creon
creon

Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134
Posted: 09-Jun-2007 13:37

Hello,

where can I find the flash card reader driver for my M30x-134? None of the support page seems to make it and i cannot find out who is the manufactor.

Thank you,

Patrick
DennisFarina

Re: Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134
Posted: 09-Jun-2007 21:29   in response to: creon in response to: creon

Hi there,

where did you tried to download the drivers?

Here are some link suggestions, where you can probably find the drivers:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp (Toshiba - Download drivers)

http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/ln_byModel.asp (Toshiba of Canada Limited - Drivers and Downloads)

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp (Toshiba USA)

I hope you´ll find what you search

Greets

creon

Posted: 10-Jun-2007 17:07   in response to: DennisFarina in response to: DennisFarina

Thank you for your advises. Unfortunately I still cannot find the driver. On the canadian site i was able to download some files called "SD Format" and "SD Driver Set", but Windows XP didn't accept them. I have in mind that this is a 6-in-1 card reader, so it should support more formats then the SD. There are two unknown entries in the Device manager, both are called "PCI FLASH-MEMORY". When i started the notebook for the first time (with OEM Windows XP) the card reader worked. Now i have an own license installed which didn't come with the notebook. Could this be the reason? Does anyoneone know who is the manufactor of the build-in card reader?
agclx

Posted: 11-Jun-2007 06:59   in response to: creon in response to: creon

Hello, I got a similar problem.

From some research i did I could find out one needs the ENE cardbus drivers. Which you can also download from Toshiba support.

Anyway - if I install them - no devices are detected by windows itself - and if I add them manually windows tells it can't start the device. Can anybody help me with this?
marina4000

Posted: 11-Jun-2007 08:46   in response to: creon in response to: creon

Hi there,

did you activated the SD-Card service??

If not then do the following:

click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Smartcard; then start the smartcard service if not already did and enable it as a service.

Hope it will work ;)

bye
creon

Posted: 11-Jun-2007 19:19   in response to: marina4000 in response to: marina4000

Finally! The ENE Cardbus driver from the support page is for the PCMCIA slot but in its folder there is another archive called "Cardbustdriver-Cardreader.zip"...and that is the solution. Perhaps toshiba should make a special link for it or give a hint.

Thanks to all for your help!
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved