Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How can I boot from CD on Satellite A10-131
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Dec-2006 11:46 Last Post By: bootoncd
bucefal

How can I boot from CD on Satellite A10-131
Posted: 03-Oct-2006 13:54

How can I set BOOT Priority in BIOS to CD-Rom?
NickyNoogle

Re: How can I boot from CD on Satellite A10-131
Posted: 03-Oct-2006 14:06   in response to: bucefal in response to: bucefal

HI Gleb,

The normal way to select the boot device is to press and hold the F12 key during the initial power on process. This will cause the 'Boot Device Selection' menu to appear.

Alternatively you can try the Toshiba short cut which is to press and hold the 'C' key during the initial power on.

regards,

bucefal

Posted: 03-Oct-2006 14:23   in response to: NickyNoogle in response to: NickyNoogle

Don't working :(
"Boot Device Selection" menu don't appear. (Sorry for bad English).
I'm in panic.
I can't change this in BIOS. Window with Boot priority I see, but I can't change it.
Jack Black

Posted: 05-Oct-2006 10:07   in response to: bucefal in response to: bucefal

Hi

You cannot change the booting order in the BIOS?
Did you use the right buttons to change the booting order?
As far as I know this unit uses the Toshiba own BIOS and you should use the “Space” or “BkSpace” buttons to change the values with “arrow buttons” you could be able to select the items.

After changing the booting order you have to save the changes!!!

But why don’t you use the ‘C’ button immediately after notebook starting??? The pressing of ‘C’ button should allow you also to boot up from the drive!
bootoncd

Re: How can I boot from CD on Satellite A10-131?
Posted: 09-Nov-2006 22:48   in response to: Jack Black in response to: Jack Black

Hi

I have the same problem :( with my Satellite A-10 i can't boot on CD..when i use the 'C' button i have this message :"Check system. Then press F1 key. When I press F1 i have the screen with "SYSTEM SETUP (1/2) ACPI BIOS version = 1.30" ... the problem is that i can change the time , the date and the password, BUTTT i CAN T change what is in right side of the screen i can't select "the boot priority " box using the arrow buttons !!!

Please help me i had deleted a system file so i cant use Windows and i need my data inside and i have no backup :(
Eldorado

Posted: 10-Nov-2006 14:50   in response to: bootoncd in response to: bootoncd

Every BIOS supports another way for changing the options.
Usually you can see in the BIOS which buttons will change certain option.
So be sure that you use the right buttons!
bootoncd

Posted: 11-Nov-2006 19:50   in response to: Eldorado in response to: Eldorado

it seems obvious to me too, but i have tried all the buttons ... :( if someone has the version 1.30 and knows how to change the "boot priority" ?! please tell me how?!
NickyNoogle

Posted: 12-Nov-2006 22:50   in response to: bootoncd in response to: bootoncd

HI,

According to the User Manual the boot priority can be set by using the HW Setup utility installed on the A10. You can access this from the Start Programs menu.

Obviously this is only possible when you have a working Windows installation. For situations where the operating system is damaged the user manual describes the alternative procedure which is to power off the notebook and then power it back on again while holding the 'F12' key until the Toshiba splash screen is displayed. This should then load the boot device selection menu from which you can set the CD-ROM as the first device.

regards,
bootoncd

Posted: 10-Dec-2006 11:43   in response to: NickyNoogle in response to: NickyNoogle

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Finally I found the reason why pressing F12 did not give any results and why I had no access to the priority boot in the HW setup:
2 year ago I had enabled the "supervisor password" on my A10 and when that "supervisor password" is enabled u can't change the HP setup options..so an advise : DISABLE THAT USELESS "supervisor password" !

(Sorry for my bad English)
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved