Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
SD card driver installation on Tecra 9000
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09-Oct-2006 10:21 Last Post By: David_Stevenson
haggisbaws

SD card driver installation on Tecra 9000
Posted: 12-Jun-2006 06:50

Hi I have the latest drivers for the sd card reader but cannot get them installed.
I follow the "read me" instructions but get stuck at the double click base system folder as there is no base system folder in device manager, just system folder an when I double click it just opens a big list of items which bear no resemblance to the sd card reader can anyone please help me with an idiot proof guide on how to install the sd drivers.
Regards,

mike
Mannerhagen Tom

Re: tecra 9000 on xp pro sd card reader problem
Posted: 12-Jun-2006 14:15   in response to: haggisbaws in response to: haggisbaws
Correct
Hi

I'd like to help but I am a bit confused.
You say you've downloaded the drivers.

Did you unpack them? Normally they are packed together in a compressed format called ZIP.
Begin with unpacking them.
Then use Device Manager to browse down in the UNPACKED folder.
A small hint!
Browsing for a place to point the Devicemanager to when installing a new/updated driver will make use of i small variant of a file browser.
When you are in a place where there is a description file for the driver (don't care about the details - just understand that it is important) the OK button will light up.
If you're in the wrong place it will not light up.

Write again in this forum and this thread if you still have questions.

Good luck

Tom
haggisbaws

Posted: 12-Jun-2006 14:30   in response to: Mannerhagen Tom in response to: Mannerhagen Tom

here are the instructions from the toshiba site i have unpacked the files and they are in my documents

For SD host controller driver,

Windows2000/XP
1. From Start menu, select the Settings, then click on the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on System and choose the Hardware tab.
3. Click on Device Manager.
4. Double-click on Base System Device.
5. Choose the Driver tab and click on the Update Driver button.
6. Click on Next and choose http://Display a list of the known drivers....
7. Click on Next and select Network adapters in Hardware types.
8. Choose the Have Disk button.
9. Locate the folder "{CD-drive}: Windows XP Pro\Toshiba SD Host Controller Driver" and follow the instructions on the screen.
10. Finally, restart the Windows 2000.

==WARNING==
Don't copy the files that is older than the preinstalled files.

For SD memory card driver,

After installing SD host controller driver,

1. Insert the SD memory card in the SD slot.
2. OS detects it and starts to install the SD memory card driver.
3. Specify the inf file ({CD-drive}: Windows XP Pro\Toshiba SD Memory Card Driver) and forward the setup process.
4. Copy the SDDEVMGR.dll file under the Windows System directory.
Note that System directory means \WINNT\SYSTEM32 for Windows 2000 and \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 for Windows XP.

i am sorry if i seem a bit slow but there is just nowhere obvious to \put these files in device manager

mike

Message was edited by: haggisbaws

Joao

Posted: 12-Jun-2006 14:43   in response to: haggisbaws in response to: haggisbaws
Helpful
Hi Mike

And what is now the problem? Did you done like there described?

Like you can see at first you must install SD host control driver. After that you must put the SD card into SD card slot. Just in this case the SD card driver can be installed.
Mannerhagen Tom

Posted: 12-Jun-2006 14:53   in response to: haggisbaws in response to: haggisbaws

Ok

let's back up a few steps. Why do you want to install theese drivers?

Do you have a working or semi-working SD-slot or don't you have a SD Slot in the Device Manager at all?
If you cannot see the 'Base system device" icon that means normally 1 of 2 things:

1) Either the system calls the unconfigured SD Host something different than "System Base device" and the only normal thing would be SD Host or Secure Digital Host.
2) It is not there at all - not as configured or unconfigured.

Please understand that this will require some back and forth-questions and answers before finding the answer, but don't give up.

BR

Tom
haggisbaws

Posted: 12-Jun-2006 17:35   in response to: Mannerhagen Tom in response to: Mannerhagen Tom

hi and ty to all for replying, the sdhost controller is now there but when, as instructed i put the sd card in nothing happens it is not recognised i have used the latest sd controller drivers and the next step is to put in the card and follow instructions when the card is recognised but as the card isnt recognised i am stuck

mike
Tipo874

Posted: 08-Aug-2006 01:21   in response to: haggisbaws in response to: haggisbaws

I have the same problem on a 9100 with win2k.

In the device manager I see "SD Card Controller" installed and active, I have also verified that it is enabled in the bios.

When I insert a SD memory card nothing happens. There is no disk activity, no SD led coming on or blinking, nothing at all.

I tried installing the TOSHIBA SD Memory Card Drive, which I found on the Tools and Utilities CD, and that then shows up under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, which looks reasonable, but it can't start. I get a Code 10, which means nothing to me.

I should probably add that this is not a win2k from Toshiba, but a generic version I've installed. I had problems getting the wlan to work for this reason, but that was solved by some registry hackery, so perhaps there's something similar needed here?

I have tried two different cards, and at least one is known good.
conkers

Posted: 21-Aug-2006 12:05   in response to: Tipo874 in response to: Tipo874

I have exactly the same problem with my Tecra 9100 (Windows XP 2) The SD light does not come on when card is inserted. I updated the driver but still not recognised. Has anyone found solution yet? Driver version is 6.0.4069.1 dated 01 Oct 2002.
David_Stevenson

Posted: 04-Oct-2006 19:01   in response to: conkers in response to: conkers

I've got the same Code 10 issue with a Tecra 9100 - the SD card can't start due to a possible IRQ clash on IRQ 11, there are several devices sharing this IRQ but there is no way to reassign IRQs to the other hardware as they are all using automatic settings. I've tried other drivers and can get removable drive E: but when I try to access the SD card the PC wants to format it. If I let it format the card it makes no difference. I must admit I am stumped by this one. Check the "Show Resources by Connection" in Device Manager to see what I mean.

Dave
David_Stevenson

Posted: 09-Oct-2006 10:21   in response to: David_Stevenson in response to: David_Stevenson

Spoke to Toshiba Support this morning - the drivers for the SD controller and SD card are multi-platform and are thought to work across several types of machine, however these are not guaranteed - Toshiba will only support the original Windows 2000 from the Recovery CD that shipped with the machine, they will not support XP.
Since I got no Recovery CD with my second-hand T9100, I guess I will have to stump up for a new Recovery CD and use Windows 2000.

Thanks
Dave
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved