Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Dynabook SS 1610 Drivers
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07-Apr-2006 10:46 Last Post By: Silas Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
andymacstar

Dynabook SS 1610 Drivers
Posted: 06-Apr-2006 17:12

I have just acquired a Toshiba Dynabook SS 1610. It has a Linux OS currently installed, but would like to install Windows XP. However, if I do this I know that I would need to download drivers for the components as it did not come with any installation CDs. The English Toshiba websites do not have these drivers or notebooks on them, the only sites that have the relevent drivers are in Japanese.

Does anyone possibly know where I can get the relevent drivers for my dynabook?

Or could I sift through the Hardware Devices and download the drivers for each individual device?

I just don't want to end up with a Laptop which I can't use the Wireless, Ports.....etc.......

Message was edited by: andymacstar
Jack Black

Re: Dynabook SS 1610 Drivers?
Posted: 06-Apr-2006 20:11   in response to: andymacstar in response to: andymacstar

Hi

The fact is that this Toshiba notebooks series was designed for the Japans market.
You will not find any drivers on the US, Canada or European Toshiba sites for this notebook model.
You can install the Windows and I assume that all common devisees should works properly. Usually the WLan card should support the Intel or Atheros drivers.
Silas

Re: Dynabook SS 1610 Drivers?
Posted: 07-Apr-2006 10:46   in response to: Jack Black in response to: Jack Black

Hello

Use term “Dynabook” in advanced search option and you will find a few topics with the same question. Maybe you will find something useful.

Good luck!
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved