Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
SD card slot not working - Satellite 2410-601
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Mar-2006 19:48 Last Post By: debs
edwardpalairet

SD card slot not working - Satellite 2410-601
Posted: 11-Feb-2006 19:33

Hi,
I've had my TOSHIBA Satellite 2410-601 laptop for nearly 3 years and have never needed to use the SD slot. Now however, I would like to use it, since I've got it.
When I insert an SD card, the "flashy light" works, but I don't see the drive in My Computer.
I've tried downloading the drivers off this website and following the instructions - but to no avail.
It has to be a driver or programme problem I think.
(help!)
Thanks

Edited by: admin on 11-Feb-06 20:29
Eldorado

Re: SD card slot not working - Satellite 2410-601
Posted: 13-Feb-2006 09:51   in response to: edwardpalairet in response to: edwardpalairet
Correct
Hi

First of all you should check the device manager if the SD slot in installed properly.
If the yellow exclamation mark occurs in the device manger in the SD area so there is something wrong. Usually the driver is missing. In this case you have to install the SD host controller driver and SD memory card driver. These drivers you will find on the Toshiba website.

If the device was installed properly and the device manager doesn’t show any exclamation marks so you have to use a supported and compatible SD card.
Please check you user’s manual for supported SD cards.
debs

Posted: 19-Feb-2006 03:13   in response to: Eldorado in response to: Eldorado

hi, i have the same problem. i have reinstalled drivers from disc and website but still the sd slot does not work. i thought it was my laptop playing up but maybe not??!!
Markus77

Posted: 20-Feb-2006 14:56   in response to: debs in response to: debs

Hi deborah

Follow the Eldorados description. You have to install also the SD controller and driver.
The compatible SD card must be in the slot.
Check the user manual for compatible SD cards. It’s very important that you use supported cards because the OS can not recognises not compatible SD cards.
debs

Posted: 03-Mar-2006 19:48   in response to: Markus77 in response to: Markus77

i have reinstalled host controller and sd driver from toshiba disc, i have no exlamation marks and device working properly. i have tried various sd cards but with no joy. i presumed my hardware was not working.
I will try to ask the ASP for the help. thanks anyway
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved