Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Device Manager - Network Controller is not installed
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Jul-2006 13:46 Last Post By: Juan28
asy1mpo

Device Manager - Network Controller is not installed
Posted: 01-Apr-2006 13:51

Recently got a new laptop which had XP Home installed.

I tested it to make sure it all worked and all was fine

I formatted it and installed XP Professional (since i need stuff like remote desktop)

After installed there were a few drivers it could not find - after checking in device manager

Also the sound didnt work.

I have got this all sorted by getting the drivers from the toshiba website and also the INF Intel driver thing to sort the missing "Ethernet Controller"

There is still one thing left in the device manager with an exclamation mark = "Network Controller"

I have downloaded the LAN drivers from the toshiba site but it doesnt like them.

There are lots of drivers on the toshiba site including stuff which isnt needed (like an acoustic silencer which apparently makes the DVD quieter). I could download all the drivers and see which one it wants but if someone can help tell me what its looking for.

Everything seems to work but unfortunately I cannot actually test if with network port is working until I get home. If it does work then i may learn to live with it. If it doesnt i may have to install XP Home from the recovery disk and upgrade to XP Profession (which wont be ideal)

I have connected to the Net and tried to find drivers but it cant find anything.

It can ping 127.0.0.1 fine and in Network Connection it has Local Area Connection 2. Like I said everything works fine.
Thanks for any help
asy1mpo

Re: Device Manager - Network Controller is not installed
Posted: 03-Apr-2006 15:29   in response to: asy1mpo in response to: asy1mpo

Have done some research and i think this is for the Wireless

I have downloaded the drivers from the toshiba site but not actually manually updated drivers from within Device Manager so will try it later when get home and hope it works.

I dont actually have wireless so cant test it that way but i know there are ppl who live near me who have wireless
Eldorado

Posted: 03-Apr-2006 15:46   in response to: asy1mpo in response to: asy1mpo

I think also it’s a WLan card.
Under Network adapters you should find:
  • WLan card
  • LAN card
  • 1394 net adapter
wxy123

Posted: 16-Jun-2006 14:53   in response to: asy1mpo in response to: asy1mpo

Hi

I have a Tectra A2 and I had the same issue. I installed the LAN drivers and this installed the Ethernet adapter. There was still a device driver missing for Network Controller. It was the Wireless LAN driver. Once I installed that the device was installed. I used the Wlesslan-ta2-xp-90060.zip to install the driver.
sugih

Posted: 04-Jul-2006 13:05   in response to: asy1mpo in response to: asy1mpo

I have the same problem. Network controller is not installed in Toshiba Satellite M55. Please help me the solution. Thank you
Juan28

Posted: 04-Jul-2006 13:46   in response to: sugih in response to: sugih

Hi sugih

You Satellite M55 is a US unit and therefore you should install the LAN driver from the Toshiba US website:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved