Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite C855 - windows factory reset
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Oct-2013 11:00 Last Post By: RandyRoberts
americanbulldog

Satellite C855 - windows factory reset
Posted: 01-Oct-2013 21:00

Click to reply to this thread Reply
My wife bought me this toshiba laptop Satellite C855 for christmas last year and it came with windows 8 but Icouldnt get on with it so had windows 7 ultimate put on instead but my son has got it so messed up while Ive been working away so would I be able to do a factory reset and how would it work
Ilay

Re: Satellite C855 - windows factory reset
Posted: 02-Oct-2013 07:39   in response to: americanbulldog in response to: americanbulldog

You can do factory reset but using recovery DVD or recovery USB stick but the question is: have you created one using preinstalled “Recovery media creator”? I’m afraid not, right?

After new and clean OS installation you will not have access to recovery image saved on the HDD. What you can do now is to order original recovery disc on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

If you have more questions you are welcome.
RandyRoberts

Posted: 02-Oct-2013 11:56   in response to: americanbulldog in response to: americanbulldog

Was Recovery Disk or Recovery Flash Media stick created in the past using the preinstalled software called Recovery Media Creator as described and mentioned in the user manual?
No?

That’s no good dude.
In this case you can just follow the advice coming from Ilay.
You need to order such disk from the Arvato. Link above.
americanbulldog

Posted: 03-Oct-2013 18:53   in response to: RandyRoberts in response to: RandyRoberts

why would I do that when the recovery disc is for windows 8 and the laptop is now running windows 7 and sorry for being a normal goy and not a computer geek

Message was edited by: americanbulldog
RandyRoberts

Posted: 11-Oct-2013 11:00   in response to: americanbulldog in response to: americanbulldog

why would I do that when the recovery disc is for windows 8 and the laptop is now running windows 7

Why? Because you said in your first post this: would I be able to do a factory reset and how would it work

I guess by saying: factory reset you mean the same state like at the first day of notebook purchase.

However, if you still want to use Win 7 you can try to set the OS back to early time point before the son has messed up the system.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved