Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to change the Function Keys functionality?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07-Apr-2013 12:42 Last Post By: MidoRockstar
MidoRockstar

How to change the Function Keys functionality?
Posted: 07-Apr-2013 06:37

Hello everyone I'm new here :)

I have a stupid big problem which is whenever I try to click the function keys in Programs, Games, etc.. it doesn't work for that program or game it just does what's on them!

For an example when I click on F10 or F9 it changes the volume, and when I click on F2 and F3 they change the brightness of the screen!!! And F5 doesn’t refresh!!! That’s it they do nothing else at all, how can I change that to their old original ways like in Windows Vista and XP!!!

I'm not sure if the problem is with Windows or Toshiba Laptop, I have a Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.

Pleaaaaaaaaase someone help! This is urgent.
xaver

Re: How to change the Function Keys functionality?
Posted: 07-Apr-2013 08:52   in response to: MidoRockstar in response to: MidoRockstar
Correct
You can change it to work in “standard” mode.
To do this open Toshiba desktop Assist > System settings > Keyboard and change Function keys mode to “Standard F1-F12 mode”.

After restart check it again.
MidoRockstar

Re: How to change the Function Keys functionality?
Posted: 07-Apr-2013 12:42   in response to: MidoRockstar in response to: MidoRockstar

Well that was simple! I feel stupid now lol, thanks a lot man for the help. that worked just great, I really appreciate it :)
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved