recently there has been very, very dark display on the screen, almost impossible to see.
I have tried the following troubleshooting the issue.
1. Adjust brightness to MAX in Operating System, power plan, etc.
2. Reset BIOS to default settings.
3. Adjust brightness to MAX on Laptop brightness settings.
4. check external display via VGA cable. tested ok.
5. I purchased a new LED 16" screen however the new screen has the same issues. As i understand, the LED screens (1 video data cable out the bottom of the screen connecting to the mainboard) have the "inverter" built into the screen, so this doesnt appear to be a display, brightness or graphics card issue. Would i be right to assume this is related to the display data cable? if so, is this a part that can be sourced from Toshiba? or something easily repaired?
is there something easy i have missed, or something i have not tried?
has anyone else experienced this issue and resolved it?
Would i be right to assume this is related to the display data cable? if so, is this a part that can be sourced from Toshiba? or something easily repaired?
As far as I know there is not FL inverter so either you can replace the display or the the LCD/FL cable (
LVDS cable) with a new one and test display again.
I found an compatible one: K000103140 LVDS CABLE