Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Replacing SSD on Portege R600
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Apr-2012 06:28 Last Post By: Akuma Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
adminlt

Replacing SSD on Portege R600
Posted: 09-Apr-2012 13:27

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have R600-10X with 128Gb SSD and I wanted to replace it with faster/roomier drive, but inside instead of the SATA drive, I have found ZIF40 drive. Same as in this pic that someone else has posted: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3953/portegessd.jpg

Is there any way to have a new SATA SSD drive like Intel 320 connected to this notebook? There is a lot of suggestions in the forums that R600 does support SATA SSDs, however nobody has confirmed it clearly.

Any info appreciated.

Message was edited by: adminlt
Paolo30

Re: Replacing SSD on Portege R600
Posted: 16-Apr-2012 09:35   in response to: adminlt in response to: adminlt

Hi

here is a lot of suggestions in the forums that R600 does support SATA SSDs

The Portege R600-10X has been equipped with an SATA SSD drive…so I don’t understand why someone says that R600 does not support the SSD drives…

The notebook supports the SATA interface therefore you have to use SSD/HDD which supports the same SATA interface… some if the SSD drives requires an firmware update but this should be provided by SSD drive manufacturer…
Akuma

Re: Replacing SSD on Portege R600
Posted: 24-Apr-2012 06:28   in response to: adminlt in response to: adminlt

Since the original drive uses a SATA ZIF connector, you need to buy a 1.8" SSD with the same connector. Make sure the pin count on the connector is the same since there are different ZIF designs.
I don't know if they are available from other manufacturers.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved