Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite C660D - A problem with the cooling system has been detected
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Apr-2012 08:43 Last Post By: PauPau
panta67

Satellite C660D - A problem with the cooling system has been detected
Posted: 14-Apr-2012 13:46

Click to reply to this thread Reply
My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C660D-11E and I have a message that keeps coming up every once in a while headed "System Warning" and reads: "Warning: A problem with the cooling system has been detected. (Next Line) Please turn off the computer immediately, and return it for service."

I have had this warning coming up for weeks and tolerated it but it has gotten worse and annoyed me for the last time. I can hear the fan, and the computer is not over heating (the freeware tool CPUCool is detecting a CPU temprature of 51º C). No other issues arise like the computer slowing down, it just gets in the way of what I am doing, like typing right now.

I've tried to solve the problem by changing the "Power Options" in the Windows 7 Control Panel to "High Performance" and then choosed under both the "On battery" and "Plugged in" columns, "Never" as the "Put the computer to sleep" setting. This seems to work and no error message occured since then. However this is not a solution...

Please help soon, this is preventing me from working and even other things by now.

Thanks
Paolo30

Re: Satellite C660D - A problem with the cooling system has been detected
Posted: 16-Apr-2012 15:40   in response to: panta67 in response to: panta67

Hi

Usually such message would appear if something would be wrong with the cooling system. But I read here in the forum that this might be a software bug and after new system recovery this message should not appear anymore.

But if you have notice some abnormal noises or higher temperature, then I would recommend checking this with an service technician…
panta67

Posted: 16-Apr-2012 15:58   in response to: Paolo30 in response to: Paolo30

Thank you much for zour comment. This must be definately a software bug, because the fan works and the CPU temperature is normal. What do you mean exactly with "system recovery"? Please advise...
panta67

Posted: 16-Apr-2012 15:59   in response to: Paolo30 in response to: Paolo30

Thank you much for your comment. This must be definately a software bug, because the fan works and the CPU temperature is normal. What do you mean exactly with "system recovery"? Please advise...
mlaine

Posted: 16-Apr-2012 18:12   in response to: panta67 in response to: panta67

I also have this syestem warning message on c660. It has just appeared today. My sister has the same laptop and her memory board has broken down. Guy we brought it to said this shouldn't have happened on such a new laptop. Alos my boyfriend has the same laptop and he keeps getting a message saying there's too much memory being used up.
Is there something wrong with this model of laptop or are we just very unlucky??
PauPau

Posted: 17-Apr-2012 08:43   in response to: mlaine in response to: mlaine

Hi

“System Recovery” can be done using HDD recovery procedure or the Recovery disk which can be created using the preinstalled tool called Toshiba Recovery Media creator. As far as I know this is mentioned in user manual.

To start the HDD recovery check this document:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm

I agree with Paolo… it looks like software bug so don’t be afraid that hardware is not ok…
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved