Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Problem charging Camileo S10
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 14 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Mar-2012 16:52 Last Post By: RedMonkeyButt
m0sk4

Problem charging Camileo S10
Posted: 10-Dec-2009 16:11

Hi all Toshiba users!!

I've just bought a Camileo S10 camera, and it looks apretty nice, small and light. But it doesn't seem to charge the battery, neither power on. Here's how I've proceeded:

1) I removed the insulant from the battery, and put it again, closing the case.
2) I plugged it in with its own charger, which uses the USB connector.
3) Circle LED around the "Record" button lights on (but doesnt blink as stated in manual).
4) When 5 minutes pass, the LED powers off and never lights on again.

Is this normal behaviour? Because when I try to power on the camera, it just does nothing. I tried flipping the LCD screen and also tried with power button, with USB charger disconnected. Camera doesnt react at all. When I power on with charger connected it works correctly.

Thanks for your help!

Message was edited by: m0sk4
MisterX

Re: Problem charging Camileo S10
Posted: 16-Dec-2009 13:28   in response to: m0sk4 in response to: m0sk4

Hi

The new battery is completely empty!
Therefore you should leave the battery connected to the power for a longer time.

Furthermore computer will not charge the battery when connected. You must use ONLY the supplied AC charger! Camcorder must be turned OFF; blinking light confirms charging but light is constant when charging has been completed!
ZenDex

Posted: 19-Mar-2010 14:58   in response to: MisterX in response to: MisterX

What happens if you use a different charger - ie a BlackBerry charger for the same voltage?
jag_1

Posted: 10-May-2010 15:39   in response to: m0sk4 in response to: m0sk4

I have the EXACT same problem, battery won't charge.
Camera only works when connected to charger.

Light doesn't flash when charging as stated in manual, just lights up constant for a while then goes out.

This is very strange, a completely new camera and it doesn't even work.

And don't tell me anything about that it has to charge for like a week, an hour should be sufficiant to at least start it up and see if it works, which it doesn't.
jag_1

Posted: 10-May-2010 15:40   in response to: MisterX in response to: MisterX

The light doesn't blink when connected to charger as it should, indicating that battery is charging, only constant light and then goes out.
Didn't you read his post?
Tonny

Posted: 10-May-2010 15:50   in response to: ZenDex in response to: ZenDex

I’ve got another Camielo camcorder.
The battery didn’t charge even if the camcorder was connected to the AC adaptor a whole night long…
I though the battery is dead… I disconnected everything and left the camcorder for week or two… Then I tested it again… connected a AC to camcorder and guest what; the battery started to charge and everything was ok again…
I have no idea what happened but it worked then…
zadave

Posted: 27-Jun-2010 08:02   in response to: Tonny in response to: Tonny

just been given a camileo, brand new in sealed box. It doesn't turn on. I have tried charging it and nothing, no lights, still no activity at all. Connected it to my PC and still nothing. Yes the battery is in. I've tried it with and without SD. I've taken the battery out and put it back afetr 10 minutes.
If this is Toshiba quality, I'm not impressed.
Macius

Posted: 27-Jun-2010 12:28   in response to: zadave in response to: zadave

Hi zadave

Contact your local dealer and ask for exchange. I am 100% sure you will get other one.
brittany_1

Posted: 19-Jul-2010 00:18   in response to: m0sk4 in response to: m0sk4

im going away tomorrow and i've lost the charger for my toshiba camileo s10. However i have the usb cable, connected it to my laptop and its not charging, just a constant red light? Then i aslo tried plugging it into my ipod charger and then into a wall plug, but still the same thing. Will it literally not charge without the proper charger?
PauPau

Posted: 19-Jul-2010 09:21   in response to: brittany_1 in response to: brittany_1

However i have the usb cable, connected it to my laptop and its not charging, just a constant red light?
As far as I know you need the right and compatible charger in order to charge the battery.
USB cable cannot be used.
tpcgupta

Posted: 01-Sep-2010 19:24   in response to: PauPau in response to: PauPau

Hi,
problem
I have a Toshiba Camileo S10 camcorder and was working fine for 6-7 months and now the battery does not charge at all. Camcorder is not functioning at all.

Is the battery charging problem due to battery drained out or is it becoz of some other problem in camera.

I also tried starting the camera by removing the battery and tryin to charge using direct AC adaptor but it did not help. Charging through the laptop USB cable also did not work. Pls help.

Regards,
TPC
xaver

Posted: 01-Sep-2010 19:48   in response to: tpcgupta in response to: tpcgupta

Camcorder is not functioning at all.
Can you use cam when the battery is removed and you use AC power supply only?
iasdan

Posted: 10-Oct-2010 18:22   in response to: m0sk4 in response to: m0sk4

I've exactly the same charging problem with my new S10 camcorder.

I've removed the insulating film from the battery, but when I insert it again in the S10 and I plug the charger, the LED light doesn't blink: it just lights on (in red) for a few minutes and then simply lights OFF without ever charging.

Even with the charger connected, i couldn't power on the camera.

How do you solved that problem?
Did you find a solution, or you just asked your local dealer to exchange a supposedly damaged item?

Please, let me know how you did handle that.
Thanks.
PauPau

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 13:30   in response to: iasdan in response to: iasdan

Did you read the advice posted by Tonny?
Remove the battery and leave the camcorder unplugged for a longer time… whole night long, two days… and then test it again…
I did it with Camileo P10 and this worked…
RedMonkeyButt

Posted: 18-Mar-2012 16:52   in response to: m0sk4 in response to: m0sk4
Helpful
I had this same problem! My camera is a Camileo S30. Scoured the web and found no solution. This is what I did to fix it...

Remove battery. Unplug charger. Press and hold the power button for 20 - 30 seconds. While still holding the power button, re-insert the battery and/or plug in the charger. Voila! Came back to life and worked like nothing ever happened.

I also did the same thing with the record button, but it was the power button that got the result.

Hope this helps!
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved