Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
NB550D-10G - Linux operating system
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Mar-2012 21:08 Last Post By: UndercoverLawyer
convergent

NB550D-10G - Linux operating system
Posted: 15-Mar-2012 10:03

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have recently bought an NB550D-10G and have not yet used it.

I'm not a Windows fan and with a new desktop PC my first move would be to replace Windows with some form of Linux operating system.

However, before doing this on this netbook I want to check what the effect is likely to be on some of the features. I am interested in the following:

1. Dolby Advanced Audio
2. USB sleep and charge
3. Sleep and music
4. Power management
5. Any other functions

For example, am I going to be able to use the sleep and music function when running Linux, or is this dependent on Windows or other pre-installed software?
assex

Re: NB550D-10G - Linux operating system
Posted: 15-Mar-2012 21:00   in response to: convergent in response to: convergent

Hello

You probably know that Toshiba doesn’t support Linux and maybe you should check some Linux forum and exchange experiences with people who use Linux. Believe me you will have better chances to get god answer there.
UndercoverLawyer

Re: NB550D-10G - Linux operating system
Posted: 15-Mar-2012 21:08   in response to: convergent in response to: convergent

Linux has problems with sleep, so I wouldn't expect to have immediate results with #2 and #3. Power management (#4) can be poor because Linux drivers are often written in a way that uses more power than needed.

I'd suggest doing a search for your specific issues in a Linux forum, because someone probably has fixes for these issues, but it won't be automatic. It will, however, be worth the effort in the end.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved