Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Toshiba virtual store - Site Maintenance
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Mar-2012 17:27 Last Post By: sbalaciu
cairnsy

Toshiba virtual store - Site Maintenance
Posted: 18-Nov-2011 12:25

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have a journ.e touch, for at least 4 days now I've been unable to get onto the virtual store, it just opens up as a browser saying "Site Maintenance" and if you go to http://www.toshibavirtualstore.com/ on any device you get the same message.

I reproted this to Toshiba yesterday, but does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks
MasterG

Re: Toshiba virtual store - Site Maintenance
Posted: 18-Nov-2011 14:32   in response to: cairnsy in response to: cairnsy
Helpful
Seems like the server is down… would recommend checking this in the next few days… hopefully the site will be available as soon as possible…
cairnsy

Posted: 18-Nov-2011 14:46   in response to: MasterG in response to: MasterG

Thanks, that's what I thought. Would explain why at least one of the other apps doesn't work either.

Reported it to Toshiba tech help yesterday, the lad on the phone had no idea what I was talking about! lol!

Bit suprised that its been down for so long though, I think thats almost 4 days already!
cairnsy

Posted: 20-Nov-2011 16:52   in response to: cairnsy in response to: cairnsy

nice to see Toshiba letting their customers know whats happening with the site. I would have thought some sort of message to acknowledge that there is a fault and they are away of it would have been the bare minimum by now. Well done Toshiba for keeping your customers in the dark!
cairnsy

Posted: 24-Nov-2011 09:38   in response to: cairnsy in response to: cairnsy

2nd time Toshiba have moved this post to another location. Whats wrong Toshiba? Trying to hide something? Any chance of giving us a time scale for how long the website will be down for?

I tried calling your tech support team, they didn't have a clue about what I was talking about. They've now fobbed me off with a lame excuse saying that the tablet is not supported in the UK (even though I bought it in the UK, froma UK supplier, of which there is now many selling the device new). Tech support actually called me back, leaving a message, saying that they didn't support my "picture frame!"

Picture frame? PICTURE FRAME?!!!!!!! We're do you get you staff from, the reject's bin at Argos? Then they went on to say that they don't support any fault for that device......

How many times do I have to tell the support monkeys.........

ITS NOT THE DEVICE THATS FAULTY!!! ITS YOUR BLOODY WEBSITE!!!

Last time I buy Toshiba........................ever. Decent products, tech support as thick as mince!
Lasko

Posted: 24-Nov-2011 09:49   in response to: cairnsy in response to: cairnsy

Hey dude… don’t really understand you reaction…
I cannot connect to virtual store too.
It looks like the website is not available jet…

What could cause this? Server issue? Service improvements? Maybe other reasons… who knows... but its clearly mentioned: toshiba virtual store coming soon.... so it looks that we have to wait a sometime… but that no reason to go bananas here in the forum.
JS76

Posted: 25-Nov-2011 13:00   in response to: Lasko in response to: Lasko

Hello all,

I reported this to Toshiba also and they told me that there is an issue with the datacenter at the moment.

It should be fixed asap.
So, I think we have to wait a few days.

greets
cairnsy

Posted: 25-Nov-2011 15:43   in response to: Lasko in response to: Lasko

I have a thing for poor/bad customer service, i.e tech support agents that don't know anything about a product that I own, then trying to fob me off by saying its nothing at their end, its a problem with the journ.e which they say they don't support (even though its supplied through retailers in the UK!).

Some sort of ERT from Toshiba would be hand, as its been 10 days since the website went off line, and using the phrase "coming soon" does not really cut it with me.

Also, some form of advance warning is usually given when a website goes down for maintence/upgrade to give users prior notice of what is happening.

I'm not annoyed at the fact they've taken the website offline to hopefully make improvements. What I am annoyed at is the customer service aspect, and the lack of foresight that was given to not informating customers of what they were going to do.

It's this sort of treatment of customers that puts me off certain suppliers, and in this day and age, companies should be trying their upmost to keep the customers that they do have.
sbalaciu

Posted: 03-Mar-2012 17:27   in response to: cairnsy in response to: cairnsy

NO technical support from Toshiba! NO video on journ.e tablet! NO app NO virtual store!

this people on toshiba don't give a **** on our problem maybe some computer magazine are interested to see how things works here on toshiba service and how they made a tablet on which you can't install any app or update, you can't even see one video on any website, what kind of tablet is this, chinese tablets are way better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll start to describe in detail all this issues no videos of any kind on any website, no app of any kind not even from virtual store of toshiba wich is down from november, and send it to all computer magazines I found on net, this is enough toshiba I see here people who post desperate messages and nobody gives an answer or do something to solve minimum problems to have a minimum decent tablet for which we pay you and we put our trust in your product.

Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved