Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite U300-152 - No audio output device is installed
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Feb-2012 12:00 Last Post By: MasterG
vincent_dampios

Satellite U300-152 - No audio output device is installed
Posted: 07-Feb-2012 08:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
The sounds are working fine when I do the windows update, antivirus update and updated some software like adobe air and adobe shockwave but when I open the laptop the next morning, there is red cross marked in the speaker icon on the bottom right of the laptop and it says "no audio output device is installed".

I could not find the sound, games and controller in the device manager so I get frustrated. Its been 3 days now I'm using the laptop without sound.

Can you please help me in this issue?

My laptop is Toshiba Satellite U300-152
Windows 7 Ultimate but not pre installed (the pre-installed was Vista Home)

i tried downloading the latest realtek high defintion audio driver but still its not working. Tried many restarts, system restore, disabling antivirus but not working again.
xaver

Re: Satellite U300-152 - No audio output device is installed
Posted: 07-Feb-2012 08:52   in response to: vincent_dampios in response to: vincent_dampios

I’m not sure what the problem can be but fact is that Windows update offers some drivers updates and, generally speaking, you should not install them. With other words, you should use Toshiba drivers only.

What you can do now? Have you tried to roll back OS to earlier time (before updates installation) and check the functionality?

One more thing. Sound driver software should start with Windows so please check MSCONFIG > start-up if sound software is listed and enabled there.
vincent_dampios

Posted: 07-Feb-2012 09:43   in response to: xaver in response to: xaver

what specific file should I locate in the MSConfig that is related to the audio/sound? Sorry, I'm not that expert in computers.

I usually does the windows update if there is available update to enhance the windows of course.

What do you think is the audio driver that I need to install that is compatible with my laptop?
xaver

Posted: 07-Feb-2012 10:00   in response to: vincent_dampios in response to: vincent_dampios

What do you think is the audio driver that I need to install that is compatible with my laptop?
There is only one compatible sound driver and you can find it – HERE .
vincent_dampios

Posted: 07-Feb-2012 19:30   in response to: xaver in response to: xaver

I have downloaded the link you gave me then install it and restarted the laptop but its still the same, I have no sound and red mark with white cross is still shown in the speaker icon on the bottom right of my screen.
xaver

Posted: 07-Feb-2012 22:02   in response to: vincent_dampios in response to: vincent_dampios

And what is with system restore. Have you tried it?
vincent_dampios

Posted: 08-Feb-2012 08:52   in response to: xaver in response to: xaver

yes, I already tried system restore but it's still the same
PauPau

Posted: 08-Feb-2012 08:59   in response to: vincent_dampios in response to: vincent_dampios

Found an thread about similar issue on U300
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=59876

check this especially the answer from user smoggette23

Someone reported also that BIOS update should be done too!
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=139521
vincent_dampios

Posted: 13-Feb-2012 12:00   in response to: vincent_dampios in response to: vincent_dampios
Helpful
thanks paupau but I was able to bring back the speaker again and its working fine now.

What I did was, after shutting down the laptop, I bring the laptop outside the house since I am connected via wifi thru the router inside my room.
Viola! while it is opening its windows logo, i heard the start sound then entered my username (already by default) and password to get inside the windows.

Viola again! there is a sound and the red mark on the bottom right of my speaker icon is gone.
When I check the device manager, the sound, games and controllers are there and the realtek high definition audio since they are missing before. I just have to remove my internet connection, piece of cake!

I hope for those who experience this, try this, remove the internet connection after shutting down like if you are connected thru wired just remove it from the laptop or if you are connected via wifi just close the wifi button in the laptop or go out in the house where it cannot detect the wifi if you don't want to turn the wifi switch off.

Some suggested to put the laptop in sleep mode instead of restart, then it will install the drivers automatically that is missing in your laptop as they say. It works for them but not for me. The only solution for me is to remove the internet connection.

Hope this helps.
MasterG

Posted: 15-Feb-2012 12:00   in response to: vincent_dampios in response to: vincent_dampios

Viola again! there is a sound and the red mark on the bottom right of my speaker icon is gone.
When I check the device manager, the sound, games and controllers are there and the realtek high definition audio since they are missing before. I just have to remove my internet connection, piece of cake!

It’s really strange that you have to remove the WLan internet connection to get the sound…
Did you check if the Wlan driver does not affect the sound functionality? Maybe you should update the WLan driver to the latest state… otherwise thanks for sharing this info with the community….
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved