Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite P750 - Wireless disconnects when wake laptop up from 'sleep mode'
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Nov-2011 10:07 Last Post By: PauPau
Flava14

Satellite P750 - Wireless disconnects when wake laptop up from 'sleep mode'
Posted: 13-Nov-2011 07:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hey

Just today, my Toshiba Satellite P750 (running Windows 7) has been disconnecting from my wireless network when I wake it up from sleep mode. When I close my laptop lid, it automatically goes into sleep mode, and when I open it up, I put in my user password and use it as usual. However for some reason today, it's not working.

When I wake it up, it recognises that my wireless network is available, however can't connect to it. When I troubleshoot the issue, it states that there is a problem with my router and that I should turn it off, wait at least 10 seconds and then turn it back on. I've tried this, and it works fine, however my laptop has never done this (in the few weeks that i've had it) and I shouldn't have to constantly reset my router in order to use the Internet. Furthermore, I have another laptop in the household which works fine.

Would really need this issue resolved quickly as I have exams this week.

Cheers
PauPau

Re: Satellite P750 - Wireless disconnects when wake laptop up from 'sleep mode'
Posted: 17-Nov-2011 10:07   in response to: Flava14 in response to: Flava14

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi

Possibly there is a problem assigning the ip address automatically after the notebook has been set to sleep mode. It could be also another reason for that but it’s always difficult to say what could affect the wireless networking…

I think that you should try to update the Wlan driver.

Not sure exactly what Wlan card you have but here you can find all the newest available WLan drivers for Toshiba notebooks:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/

Uninstall the old driver firstly, after new reboot install the new downloaded driver for the Wlan card which is built in the notebook.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved