Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satelite Pro S500-10E - Cannot reinstall OS
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Aug-2011 12:56 Last Post By: Macius
jmayo12

Satelite Pro S500-10E - Cannot reinstall OS
Posted: 24-Aug-2011 11:57

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I have a Satellite Pro S500-10E that came with Windows 7 Pro with downgrade rights (and DVD) to XP Pro. I downgraded to XP Pro and everything worked fine (I did this on a number of similar machines).

Then Windows started having problems and crashing with BSOD.I decided to rebuild machine by reinstalling Windows XP Pro from DVD that came with machine.The thing is it gets to 2% and then gives BSOD.

I thought it was hard disk as there were disk errors when removed it and put it externally on other machine, so replaced it. Still same problem. I tried to connect external USB DVD drive and boot from that. It did indeed boot from external drive but then for some reason tried to copy files from it's own DVD drive.I have tried to reinstall Windows 7 Pro from the DVD back up set I created, this failed. I tried to install Windows XP Pro from box version and that failed.

At this stage not sure if DVD drive or what. Tried to build boot up flash drive, but even though the system saw it as option for booting, it then tried to boot off network ?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
J
PinkPanther

Re: Satelite Pro S500-10E - Cannot reinstall OS
Posted: 24-Aug-2011 12:42   in response to: jmayo12 in response to: jmayo12

Hi buddy,

To be honest I don’t think there is much what you can do. You have tested both recovery disk and a new HDD but the same happens. So this would mean it’s hardware related problem.

Toshiba recovery disk contains a pretested image of all drivers and tools. That means you can always install Windows from recovery disk and it will work. If not (as in your case) it something wrong with hardware.

If your notebook is still under valid warranty you can bring it to an authorized service provider in your country and the guys can fix this for free due to warranty. Get in contact with the technicians and explain your problem, they will sort it out for you. ;)
Macius

Re: Satelite Pro S500-10E - Cannot reinstall OS
Posted: 24-Aug-2011 12:56   in response to: jmayo12 in response to: jmayo12

Then Windows started having problems and crashing with BSOD.
What kind of problems exactly? What was the reason for BSOD? Have you checked stop code?

Anyway I also think it must be hardware related issue, so if the warranty is still valid I recommend you to contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help.

They can check your notebook using diagnostic tool and hopefully find the reason why all this happen.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved