Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21-Jul-2011 12:25 Last Post By: JDH
JDH

Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook
Posted: 08-Jul-2011 11:40

Hi, I have recently had a new version of Windows 7 (32bit) installed on my Portege laptop. I have managed to log on as an admin user and install v1.0.2.9 of the "Toshiba Fingerprint Utility" software and removed all old saved finger prints. I have also managed to scan and store two fingerprints for the admin account. Both work fine and log on correctly.

The problem that I have is when I try to enrole fingerprints for my non-admin account. When I log on as my non-admin account and run the fingerprint utility software I am asked to provide a password as the "Program needs to authenticate your windows account password". When I enter the correct password for the non-admin account I get the error "Input password is incorrect. Please retype current password"..

I am certain that I am entering the correct password as I am using the same password to log onto the laptop..

Any ideas..??

Thanks,

James Hunter...
Akuma

Re: Unable to register fingerprint on my Portege notebook
Posted: 11-Jul-2011 07:49   in response to: JDH in response to: JDH

I think you need to delete all the fingerprints and start fresh when you install a new operating system.

Run the Fingerprint utility as an Administrator and click on the "Delete all Fingerprints" button.
Barrie

Posted: 11-Jul-2011 08:11   in response to: JDH in response to: JDH

I agree with Akuma.
Delete all saved fingerprints and try to create new one.

What else you can try?
JDH

Posted: 11-Jul-2011 12:38   in response to: Akuma in response to: Akuma

Hi Guys, I have already tried this.. But, I did as you suggested and logged on as administrator, removed all stored fingerprints and even removed the fingerprint utility software. But, when I re-install the software I still get the same error when trying to log on as my non-admin account..
JDH

Posted: 21-Jul-2011 12:23   in response to: JDH in response to: JDH

This does appear to be a problem with the v1.0.2.9 range of "Toshiba Fingerprint Utility" software.

I have now installed v1.0.3.38 from http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tc30287500a.exe and it now accepts my current non-admin domain password and has successfully enrolled my finger prints..

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/outFrm.jsp?ofId=AskIris&searchString=Fingerprint+Utility&x=5&y=8

James Hunter

Message was edited by: JDH
JDH

Posted: 21-Jul-2011 12:25   in response to: JDH in response to: JDH

This issue was resolved by a new version of the "Toshiba Fingerprint Utility" software..
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved