Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Tecra A10 - Touchpad and buttons do not work on Windows 7 x64
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29-Apr-2013 15:20 Last Post By: barny777
computer-norwich

Tecra A10 - Touchpad and buttons do not work on Windows 7 x64
Posted: 19-May-2011 18:25

We have recently performed a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 on a Toshiba Tecra A10.
The OS has picked up most drivers, we had to install drivers for the card reader ourselves.

Our problem is that the touchpad and buttons do not work at all.
The driver shows in Device Manager as being properly installed, but that's all. I have even installed the Alps Control Panel (Vista x64) which runs okay.
Have tried the "Touch pad and stick are automatically invalidated" settings when using an external USB mouse, all to no avail.

The hardware was working perfectly okay with Windows 7 32 Bit installed.

Is there a fix here?
C3PO

Re: Tecra A10 - Touchpad and buttons do not work on Windows 7 x64
Posted: 20-May-2011 13:23   in response to: computer-norwich in response to: computer-norwich

Hello

Maybe it’s just a driver issue… I have checked the available downloads for Tecra A10 on Toshiba page and for Windows 7 32bit there is a newer driver available, for Windows 7 64bit not (no driver). So you must use the Vista 64bit driver…

What you can do is testing the touchpad driver for Tecra A11. There is a newer version for Windows 7 64bit from Alps Electric so the correct one. Touchpad driver is not system related so I’m pretty sure it also works on your model.

Have a look on Toshiba website for Tecra A11 driver:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers
PinkPanther

Posted: 26-May-2011 09:18   in response to: computer-norwich in response to: computer-norwich

Hi buddy,

Have you installed additional drivers for external USB mouse? This could also block some touchpad functions so I would recommend removing these drivers.
Crosshack

Posted: 05-Jun-2011 05:08   in response to: computer-norwich in response to: computer-norwich

Hmm....This might sound overly simplistic, but you could have just turned off the touch pad with a shortcut. There should be a button to turn it back on. On my laptop (A11, not A10) it's the shortcut key Fn+F9, but I don't know what it is for you. I had this problem for a bit, before I found that shortcut.
barny777

Posted: 29-Apr-2013 07:48   in response to: computer-norwich in response to: computer-norwich

I had the same problem on a Toshiba Tecra A11 running Win7x64Pro. After a fresh OS install with drivers, all was working except the touch-pad. I could successfully press the function keys and relevant F keys eg: Fn+F1 would turn sound on/off, so assumed this was all working (all except Fn+F9 for enabling/disabling the touch-pad).

Solution was to install the "Toshiba Value Added Package" from http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/computers/tecra/a11/ptse1a-07g005/download?os=25 .

After a reboot, now when I held down the Function button, little icons would appear up the top and the touch-pad was working.

Hope this helps someone else : )
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved